Page 90 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8087888990919293100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

Default Re: The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStar View Post
    yup it was designed to be like that but still needed a physical strength to lift it.

as a matter of fact, in Norse mythology, Thor is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing, healing, and fertility.
    Even if a character is strong, they won't be able to lift the hammer if they're not worthy. The Hulk is said to be the strongest there is, but he can't break the hammer's enchantments. Cap, however, has lifted the hammer (at least in the comics). This might be a bit of a spoiler, but I'm guessing at one point in the next movies, Cap will have to lift Mjolnir.

OfT: Next movie to watch (just my own preference).... -> G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Quote Originally Posted by J.Abz View Post
    definitely...and also the last of the batman series...

mao pud na akong gihuwat brad. nusa showing brad?

watching all the inputs on this thread, makes me wince seeing how many here are Marvel comic fans fanatics.. hehehehe

Stan lee must be reaping hordes of bucks not just from credits alone but on him being a star also (as far as I recall, Stan is always present in every marvel movie produced by Hollywood). Though I forgot lang if naa ba sya atong sa Hulk movie (with Eric Bana) before.
    Naa cya sa Hulk, ka2 sa sikyu sa lab. Wala cya cameo sa X2.
    Last edited by geo25; 05-01-2012 at 10:26 AM.

if we base in Norse mythology, Thor is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing, healing, and fertility.

its still strength...

let base this in mythology since diri naggikan ang thor character
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    lifting Mjolnir is not a matter of strength, but of worth.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessknight View Post
    Even if a character is strong, they won't be able to lift the hammer if they're not worthy. The Hulk is said to be the strongest there is, but he can't break the hammer's enchantments. Cap, however, has lifted the hammer (at least in the comics). This might be a bit of a spoiler, but I'm guessing at one point in the next movies, Cap will have to lift Mjolnir.
    its in the comics...capt. is a human not a god...doesn't have the strength that thor have.

mythology is different from the comics...thor (marvel) came from the comics...maybe he was based on the norse mythology but the setting here is in the comics and the movie...you could not directly base the wielding of the hammer on the norse myth...please watch the thor movie...how many explanations do you need in order to be convinced that is was not based on strength...? *sigh*

your the only one here believing that it was based on the strength to lift the hammer...tsk tsk

Here are the characters who were able to carry Thor's hammer. Based on comics I have. So there might be others...

Rulk
    Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Thunderstrike
    Superman(only to beat their enemy but cant afterwards)
    Wonder Woman

You must be worthy to carry the hammer, so we should write Marvel that those who did pre-marital *** shouldnt be able to weild it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and in the end, I still take comics as basis of the Marvel Universe, not the movies. Movies are for masses, while the comics are for real fans. And NO IM NOT A NERD NOR A VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11.    Advertisement