Default Lucy Liu @ Letterman Late Show - Oct 11th 2012

a friend of mine posted this on her wall:

"People are offended by what Lucy Liu said on her interview with Letterman but they don't get offended when commercials flood the airwaves of whitening products telling them they are less of a woman if they are even 1 or 2 shades darker. Puhleaze Pinoys stop being so emo all the time!"

Here's the video link:
    Lucy Liu @ Letterman Late Show - Oct 11th 2012 (Elementary Interview) - YouTube

Here are some "controversial" comments kuno...

"If I get really dark, I’ll start to look a little Filipino. It wouldn’t match."

David Letterman said, "and a lot of people think your filipino",

Lucy Liu replied, "well...in the summer time, it gets close, and I don't want them to mistake that.

sometimes if it gets hard I can look mexican too...that's when you knew Ive done marathon training"

IMO, this doesnt bother me at all, LL is not racist, and for my kababayan, kalma lang ta. that's all.

Default Re: Lucy Liu @ Letterman Late Show - Oct 11th 2012

theres nothing wrong with what she said.. the problem is with filipinos is that we cant accept critism well.. let me site an example
    parehas atong american nga nag himo ug "20 things I hate about the Philippines" nganu masuko man ta ato nga tinuod man to tanan. If ato patong gi take as a constructive critism and do something about the filthy things that he mentioned in his video para at least ang ubang foreigner nga maka kita ato nga video nya mu anhi sa pilipinas mu ingnun ug sayup to ang video.. perfect anology sa atong batasan kay kung atong mama mu ingun ug hugaw imung kwarto unsa man ang sakto buhaton? diba its as simple as limpyohan nato?? aside sa maka ayo siya nimo kay ikaw dili naka sawayon sa imung mama.. ang buhaton na nuon awayon nato atong mama kay kapoy ug limpyo ug nganung manhilabot man cya nga dili man na iyang kwarto.. diba?

hays... she apologized naman pud sa mga naoffend... but for me there's nothing offensive sa iya gisulti..
    oa ra pud kau ang uban ibrand dayon as racist ang mga tao nga mocomment sa atong color.. bsag tinuod ngano man jud mgsukosuko....

TS, if it doesn't bother you at all... then why did you mind creating a thread just for it? ironic.
    besides, naa man say existing thread ani.

Lucy shouldn't have apologized.

ipokrito sad kay ning uban. kung mkakita rabag negro/ita, saway dayog lagom o kaha uling.
    kung naay taga probinsya, nganlag promdi/taga bukid/ignorante/jologs

loslos nila.
    Last edited by gcc4426; 10-19-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries

I love Lucy Liu! Even before pa during her Ally McBeal days. I'm sure she meant nothing by it.

7.    Advertisement