Page 93 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8390919293949596103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

Default Re: The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    lol thankfully the Asgardians don't give a shit about pre-marital bonking.
    True that. But Captain America shouldnt! What a self righteous retard.

Quote Originally Posted by diatabz View Post
    You probably missed the bit where Loki asked Thor "how much dark matter did the All-Father use to get you back to earth?"
    I didn't. and that's exactly what I mean. the destruction of Bifrost is a big deal, and they just handled it like *snap* that just to shoehorn Thor in.

I didn't. and that's exactly what I mean. the destruction of Bifrost is a big deal, and they just handled it like *snap* that just to shoehorn Thor in.
    I think it was already insinuated by Heimdall that it's possible to get back to Earth when he said "There is always hope." Heimdall probably "saw" Loki's plans, hence why Asgard knew about the Tesseract.

Here's an explanation of sorts, Chris Hemsworth And Tom Hiddleston Explain How Thor Returns To Earth In THE AVENGERS.

Anyway, I hope the 30 minutes of deleted scenes go into the details of how Thor literally dropped from the sky.

BEH2X.. MAG STORYA NATA bahin sa Salida!! ug dili ang Mjolnir na mo hatag ug lightning armor ug mo produce ug chain lightning. HAHA!! XD

well, we're not basing on Norse mythology. we're basing this on the comics and in the comics, only the worthy can lift Mjolnir, not the strongest.

Cap is worthy. he doesn't need to have super strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by blu bizcuitz View Post
    mythology is different from the comics...thor (marvel) came from the comics...maybe he was based on the norse mythology but the setting here is in the comics and the movie...you could not directly base the wielding of the hammer on the norse myth...please watch the thor movie...how many explanations do you need in order to be convinced that is was not based on strength...? *sigh*

your the only one here believing that it was based on the strength to lift the hammer...tsk tsk
    Quote Originally Posted by edgeowns View Post
    Here are the characters who were able to carry Thor's hammer. Based on comics I have. So there might be others...

Rulk
    Captain America
    Beta Ray Bill
    Thunderstrike
    Superman(only to beat their enemy but cant afterwards)
    Wonder Woman

You must be worthy to carry the hammer, so we should write Marvel that those who did pre-marital *** shouldnt be able to weild it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys have read Ultimate Comics Thor #4; pwd na man ma-lift ang Mjolnir even dli ka worthy. So, based on strength na cya. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is based on the Ultimate Comics--Ultimate Nick Fury gud ang naa--dli gyud na Earth 616 ang The Avengers. If not based sa worthiness ang pag-alsa sa Mjolnir, ngano wla man na-lift ni Hulk?
    Last edited by geo25; 05-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Captain America's shield, when thrown, comes back. How?

Quote Originally Posted by ReikoChan View Post
    Captain America's shield, when thrown, comes back. How?
    ipa-banda2 sa mga enemies or sa wall para mobalik sa iya. murag ricochet rabbit ping ping ping!

Quote Originally Posted by geo25 View Post
    ipa-banda2 sa mga enemies or sa wall para mobalik sa iya. murag ricochet rabbit ping ping ping!
    Aw, ricochet diay. Doesn't look like that every time he throws it.

One more question. Unsay love story ni Hulk and Thor? I see them together everywhere, LOL. Unsay history anang duha, kung naa man gani?

If you guys have read Ultimate Comics Thor #4; pwd na man ma-lift ang Mjolnir even dli ka worthy. So, based on strength na cya. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is based on the Ultimate Comics--Ultimate Nick Fury gud ang naa--dli gyud na Earth 616 ang The Avengers. If not based sa worthiness ang pag-alsa sa Mjolnir, ngano wla man na-lift ni Hulk?
    It's a mishmash, that's what it is. Disney, Marvel and Whedon have basically taken bits and pieces from Ultimate and the Earth 616 universe.

For example:

Skrulls = Chitauri in Ultimate Universe (Fox owns the Skrulls btw, which is why Marvel went with the latter. Yes, you suck Fox)
    Thor Costume = Clearly takes inspiration from Thor Ultimate Universe
    Nick Fury = Ultimate Universe

I tend not to go into details because you can't expect the movie studios to be 100% loyal to the source material. In any case, I'm happy at how MCU has handled its lineup of films so far. Comicbook films after all, are primarily for fans of the comics, and it's the fans that you need to please the most.
    Last edited by diatabz; 05-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.

The movie may have roots from Ultimate but not totally, its a combination of both. Cap is a jerk, Hulk is a murderer, Thor is somewhat crazy in Ultimates... they just used Samuel Jackson cuz he showed interest before the first Iron Man movie plus to have a black guy in the movie. Mjolnir in Avengers movie is clearly based on 616.

11.    Advertisement