Page 2 of 845 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default re: Dallas Mavericks

Brian Cook for MVP. Bwahahaha...

MAVs COOK LAkErs . . wahehehe . .Â* d sad tantong lub0ng . . lewL . . no.1 na ang dALLas west . .

I guess naay 3rd party sa Detroit-San Antonio possible rematch... what do u guys think about a possible Detroit-Dallas FInals?

mMMm . . gamay ra chance sa Dallas . . grabe defense sa detroit . . but all things are possible . . hehe . . DALLAS gihapon ko bai . . ^_^

112-76 Dallas stomped Miami.
    Shut Up! Let your GAME do the talking!

check sunstar today.. na column si homer sayson didto about the MAVS

Quote Originally Posted by koykoy
    check sunstar today.. na column si homer sayson didto about the MAVS
    Well, i definitely think the Mavs are having another of those regular season pile of Ws. They have to produce and gain respect in the playoffs... Actually, the old Mavs are way more better than this line-up, considering they were with Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker and Michael Finley.

Quote Originally Posted by lunateec22
    Well, i definitely think the Mavs are having another of those regular season pile of Ws. They have to produce and gain respect in the playoffs... Actually, the old Mavs are way more better than this line-up, considering they were with Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker and Michael Finley.
    i beg to disagree, the names you mentioned above have one thing in common, "defensive liability". all of those names are known for their offensive capabilities. that previous Mav's team was "all forwards" and no serviceable "center" that's why they had a hard time winning in the playoffs. yes, they averaged about 115ppg during that time but they also allowed above 110ppg. now, they average about 100ppg but they allow their opponents less than 94ppg. the more "role players" on a team, the better the understanding of teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by omad
    Quote Originally Posted by lunateec22
    i beg to disagree, the names you mentioned above have one thing in common, "defensive liability". all of those names are known for their offensive capabilities. that previous Mav's team was "all forwards" and no serviceable "center" that's why they had a hard time winning in the playoffs. yes, they averaged about 115ppg during that time but they also allowed above 110ppg. now, they average about 100ppg but they allow their opponents less than 94ppg. the more "role players" on a team, the better the understanding of teamwork.Â* Â*
    Sorry about that, i haven't included the one's i mentioned as offensive players. Sure, they got Christie to do the perimeter and Dampier to take care of the inside. Sadly, CHristie called it a career and Dampier is inconsistent, they got the benefits from Diop and head coach Avery Johnson is adjusting his team into a, maybe, 80% offense and 20% defense type of team. or more like 70-30%. Not bad though.

And maybe I should take back my "old mavs are better" phrase. i reviewed their line-up and they're pretty balanced than the old Mavs. They have Keith Van HOrn, M. Daniels, J. Powell, D. Harris and J. Howard, though they have that weak spot in the middle, a team with enough role players are better. I agree with that.

here's another point to ponder, the game against Miami the Mavs led 23 points in the 3rd quarter but after the second defensive miscue commited by his players, Avery Johnson called timeout and gave his team a good "tongue lashing" and to think of it, they're up "23". this is another aspect that's keeping this Mavs team apart from the "old Mavs", coaching. Avery hasn't coached a tenth of Don Nelson's but he has all the ingredients in becoming one, focus, tenacity and "no let-up mentality". other coaches during the playoffs might find ways to take advantage of this "rookie coach", but Del Harris would always be by his side.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 845 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast