Default Does SATA with no raid function still needs drivers?

guys just want to know kung ang board nga naay Sata pero walay raid, kinahanglan ba gihapon ug drivers or ka2 rang naay raid ang manginahanglan ug drivers? any suggestions or answers will be a big help

depende model sa mobo.. btw unsay mobo nimo ? aron maka tubag ni diri sa istorya.net.

in my experience, yes. Sata drivers still need to be loaded since different MOBOS have different drivers for SATA. Some OS installations on SATA drives fail because the installer isn't preloaded with the appropriate driver. i'm no expert but this is what i know bro. hehe

sa ako nahibawan kai kailangan ka og drivers labi na mgload ka sa bootable cd sa xp..
    but i think naa ka isetup sa bios pra dli na kailangan drivers.. i think isetup nmo ang hdd to ide.
    kai naa mn to pwde nmo isetup sa bios nga ang hdd as ide,sata or raid..

xnxa na sa medyo late nga rply.. medyo nakakuha nko gamay sa inyo ge mean.. so bsan unsa nga mobo naa ra na sa bios nga setting pra di na kinahanglanon ang drivers? my MoBo d i is Gigabyte GAP35D-S3L. plan to upgrade to sata hdd with vista os. k ra ba na?

in my experience.. no need to install a sata port driver with xp..unless you do raid function..

u can even disable the raid function in BIOS but enabling the SATA /SATAII function..( this will enable u to skip the...." install driver for RAID blah.blah " while inside the win xp environment )

and setting varies..

JBOD ( just bunch of disks )
    RAID 0 ( stripping )
    RAID 1 ( mirror )
    RAID 0+1 ( sa intel )
    RAID 5 ( in some mobo only )

and the SATA association with IDE

* auto
    * native
    * legacy
    etc..

ahh ok.. now i know.. how bwt sa vista bro, im p lannign to upgade my os to vista mn gud

wla na kailangan sa vista.. hehehe

@mejie ... there's no need of raid drivers in Vista Service Pack 1 installer. I tried it myself.
    just configure your raid set-up in bios and your ok to proceed with the OS installation.

got it... thanks sa mga response ninyo... hope this works with no hassle...

11.    Advertisement