Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox ONE

Default Xbox ONE

the recently announced, Xbox One

Microsoft called the system an "all in one system" for games, entertainment, and television."
    Release Date: PENDING

Xbox One Reveal Trailers
    Spoiler! 

Xbox One Reveal Trailer

Xbox One System Specifications
    Spoiler! 

The System Specifications Includes:
    - 8gb Ram
    - 8-Core CPU
    - 500GB hard drive
    - Blu-ray drive
    - HDMI in and out ports
    - USB 3.0
    - 802.11n wireless
    - new Kinect Sensor

Xbox One Controller
    Spoiler! 

Xbox One Controller Demo

Xbox One Controller Screenshots

The Xbox One Controller Specifications:
    - triggers have magnetic sensors for great precision
    - mechanical click
    - "impulse triggers"
    - different and varied motors (vibration)
    - more ergonomic

Important Notes: (updated)
    - The Xbox One will not require an always-on internet connection but will require only on a one-time system start up .
    - Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached
    - Xbox One does not support backwards compatibility
    - Xbox One Hard Drive Can’t Be Replaced By Users
    - Kinect Will Work on PC
    - Xbox One Save Games Let You Instantly Resume

Cons
    - Priced 100$ higher than PS4
    - Requires Kinect to play, however you can prioritize Privacy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates Section

Major UPDATE! 07.20.2013
    Xbox One Will Not Require Internet, Restrict Used Games
    Spoiler! 

No more game lending restrictions, daily check-ins or region locks.

The madness of the last few weeks has taken a turn for the truly unexpected: Microsoft has responded to fan complaints over the online policies of the Xbox One and done a complete U-turn.

Contrary to the details announced earlier this month
    Microsoft has now confirmed news originally reported on Giant Bomb that Xbox One will not require an internet connection to play offline games or need to check in every 24 hours; instead, internet will only be required when initially setting up the console.

Microsoft is pulling a 180 on Xbox One DRM
    - no 24 hour connection requirement
    - no limitations to using and sharing games
    - you will be able to play them offline
    - trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today
    - no longer region locked

Microsoft
    "After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again," Microsoft wrote. "There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360."
    Like on Xbox 360, "playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."
    Xbox One will also no longer restrict used games, and will instead allow discs to be exchanged in the same way they are on Xbox 360. There will be no additional restrictions for trade-ins or lending games to friends. The system is also no longer be region locked and all downloaded games will function the same way whether your console is connected or not.

Microsoft's Don Mattrick wrote.
    "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback,"
    "I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."
    "These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One," Mattrick noted. "The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold."
    "We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick concluded. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."
    Source| Microsoft backtracks on Xbox One: no Internet check-in required and used games allowed | Metro News| Xbox One Will Not Require Internet, Restrict Used Games

UPDATE! 07.06.2013
    Hanging Questions now answered by Microsoft
    Spoiler! 

Always Online?
    A: You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console.

Used Games and Giving Games to Friends?

A: You can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

Game Installations and Digital Downloads?

A: you’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

Kinect Requirements
    A: At Microsoft, we prioritize your privacy. You are in control of what Kinect can see and hear.

The news came during today’s much-hyped Xbox Reveal event and puts numerous rumors to rest including names like Fusion, Xbox 720, Xbox 8 and Loop. It also ends the need for the system’s long-running codename, Durango

Check these Sources|: Relive The Reveal of the New Xbox- Xbox One Here! | Xbox One Hard Drive Can?t Be Replaced By Users | Xbox One Controller Hands-on | | Xbox One's Kinect Is Legitimately Awesome |Microsoft Unclear Regarding Always-Online Xbox One| Microsoft Confirms Kinect Will Work on PC | Xbox One Save Games Let You Instantly Resume | How Xbox One's Used Games, Internet Connection Work
    Last edited by ColeMaGrath; 06-21-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Xbox Live TV Demo

- - - Updated - - -

Xbox One Event Video Recap

Xbox One Revealed [Full Press Conference]
    Last edited by ColeMaGrath; 05-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.

confirmed Xbox ONE Games and Content

Call of Duty: Ghosts Next Generation - Xbox One Trailer

Xbox One EA Sports Games Trailer

Halo TV Series Announcement Xbox Reveal
    Last edited by ColeMaGrath; 05-22-2013 at 11:11 AM.

The name Xbox 720 would have been bad a$$, and it looks like my tissue box

- online is required at least once every 24 hours
    - additional activation fee for used games
    - console will not function without Kinect
    - no self publishing
    - no backwards compatibility

oh my.

I'm also skeptical on how much effort Microsoft will make to push/ promote their new console in Japan. It seems like this will have the same presence as the first Xbox had in Japan. I can't blame them, though.

Dat specs...almost identical to PS4 I really don't like about what the console can do in a living room in a TV. Seriously...PS4 might dominate this new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by solaire View Post
    Dat specs...almost identical to PS4
    it's DDR3 vs GDDR5, though.

Quote Originally Posted by solaire View Post
    PS4 might dominate this new generation
    Were still waitng for the PS4's price. Sony already announced they're not planning to sell the PS4 at a huge loss, so they might make the same kind of "599 US dollars" price announcement. If Microsoft gives the Xbox One a competetive price, I can see them gaining an advantage.

I dunno about you guys but I think MS is alienating offline gamers with that "Must have a Internet Connection" feature in games.
    It will definitely segregate non-online players with the online ones. Good news for Competitive Online gamers while the Offline guys are screwed.
    And also the that feature where you can't use "used" games on it is just teasing the consumers to buy legit discs. For me, I have no problem with purchasing legit stuff but yeah, like I said. It will ALIENATE some loyal 360 guys. And on E3, this'll get pretty ugly.

Ultimately, what I'm looking out for this year's E3 is this is its performance, its games and (of course) the retail. This applies to the PS4, as well.
    After all, I'm not on any of game company side.
    I'm on the side of money.
    My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by runforthehills View Post
    I dunno about you guys but I think MS is alienating offline gamers with that "Must have a Internet Connection" feature in games.
    It will definitely segregate non-online players with the online ones. Good news for Competitive Online gamers while the Offline guys are screwed.
    Microsoft loosely avoided the "Must have a Internet Connection" stigma, by making online a requirement once every 24 hours, but IMO, it's still in the same ballpark.

I'm guessing it will be kind of the same way how steam's offline mode works, only with a very short duration.

Quote Originally Posted by runforthehills View Post
    And also the that feature where you can't use "used" games on it is just teasing the consumers to buy legit discs. For me, I have no problem with purchasing legit stuff but yeah, like I said. It will ALIENATE some loyal 360 guys.
    used games can still be used, but you'll have to pay for an activation fee. But what I find troubling is this example from an interview in Kotaku:

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says."

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.
    I wouldn't want that.

Notes (confirmed):
    - The Xbox One will not require an always-on internet connection.
    - Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached
    - Xbox One does not support backwards compatibility
    - Xbox One Hard Drive Can’t Be Replaced By Users

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast