Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pls tell me what to do on my pldt my dsl

i hav two computers.. the one is a p4 whose currently running winxp- this is where pldt mydsl is connected.. i also hav an older computer just a celeron 600mhz running win98SE... i wanted to connect it so i can use the internet at d same time... some told me bout the switch palitun ra daw ambot asa pud... pro others advice me to buy another lancard then connect a utp cable from the new computer to the old computer at the lancard lang gihapon...after that i-change daw nako ang setting pra p/p...i dunno jud unsaun...can anyone help me...pls say it in layman's term lang para kasabot ko... i hav idea on computer but not in networking jud...ambot mao bani ang crossover connection....hehehe...thanks alot bros...

bro try... this.. on WINXP (without a hub or switch):
    2 lancards must be on your P4. first lancard is for your DSL connection and the second lancard for the celeron computer. You must turn on Internet Connection Sharing on WindowsXP to the second lancard in which your celeron computer is connected to...

Celeron Computer:
    install lancard on this celeron computer. use crossover cable between the second lancard of your P4 and celeron.

SETUP 2:
    I suggest you get/buy a router (this wud share your current DSL to your P4 and celeron)

Router as DHCP:

DSL - ROUTER - pentium4 pc (automatic obtain of IP address)
    - celeron computer (automatic obtain of IP address)

Router as DHCP turned off:

DSL - ROUTER (192.168.11.1) - pentium4 pc (IP 192.168.11.2, SUBNET 255.255.255.0, GATEWAY 192.168.11.1, DNS 192.168.11.1)
    - celeron (IP 192.168.11.3, SUBNET 255.255.255.0, GATEWAY 192.168.11.1, DNS 192.168.11.1)

you may also catch me online at YM, my id is bryan_bercero.. i might help your more. gud luck

mao ni bro, sa crossover nimo nga imong gipangutana... palit nalang bro, naay may human na daan, i mean dili na nimo i crimp unya tested pa gyod... pero kung gusto gyod ka makabalo sulayi lang ug crimp.. palit ka ug UTP Cable nga CAT5 and RJ45... then sunda lang ang color coding.... then use network cable tester para sure gyod.... mao nana... then human sunda dayon to ang advise ni Bryan... mao nana...

kay the same OSI Layer Device, crossover man ang atong gamiton ana...
    example is PC TO PC so crossover gyod.. pero kung PC to HUB mao nana ang straight thru kay different OSI Layer Device mana sila...

Crossover Ethernet cable is to wire one end using the T-568A standard and the other end using the T-568B standard.

hope it helps...

bai, all u need to buy is 2 lan cards only. No need to buy a switch or hub coz it will cost u more money. Purpose for buying switch is for your future expansion f u like to add more pc.

Just use cross cable for pc-to-pc...

naa pod ko suggestions... mas maayo man siguro nga mogamit ka ug switch. kay abi gud nimo okey ra unta kung transferring ug files or data ang imong purpose sa imong pag network sa duha ka PC... maayo na bisag wlay hub or switch if you wanted to transfer files or data... pero kung mag network ka ug games (i mean playing games in a multiplayer)... believe me hinay kaayo bai... pero kung transferring of files or data to another computer mao rana ang imong purpose then no need na ang switch. hope it helps...

thanks alot bro....

Default Re: pls tell me what to do on my pldt my dsl

buy a router nalang so u dont have to have the P4 pc on all the time to access internet on the other one.

is this home or office use?

just buy a 2 lan cards plug each one on each of ur pc'sĀ* then buy a switch hub it will only cost u 750 PHP (surecomm) and also don't forget strait through utp cables this would be ur cheapest and surest solution..... :mrgreen:

bai,
    kung imo setup is pc to pc dapt nka on ang p4 nimo para mka internet imong celeron. so much better buy a router mas dali wala pa hasol....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast