Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TIPS ON BUYING A CAMCORDER/DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA

HI!
    I'm planning to buy a camcorder or a digital video camera, but I want to know the factors to consider first in buying one.
    It's not really for advanced usage, but I'm willing to experiment... I'm more into photography but I don't know how to choose the correct camcorder for me.

If somebody reading this is familiar with camcorders and all, I hope you'll share your knowledge with us here. I am planning to get a camcorder preferably canon or sony or panasonic which should not exceed P35,000. I owuld appreciate it if you could put a model and why it's the best camcroder for you (but again, that costs less than P35,000). thank you so much!

:mrgreen:

Default Re: TIPS ON BUYING A CAMCORDER/DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA

with that budget of yours, i would suggest a 3 CCD Panasonic like the PV-GS180, but I really dont know where to buy this types of cameras here in Cebu, I dont know either where in Manila. I just know this because my uncle in the US just bought this kind camera for only $499 only. Imagine this price for a 3 CCD camera na! But if you dont know someone abroad better buy the new models of the SONY cameras here, they're really got this crisp colors which mostly people are looking for.

ive been looking at the budget videocam market, looks like the canon zr500 is for me, just look at the net for reviews

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...der-Review.htm

and compared to sony

Sony DCR-HC26
    The Sony HC26 takes the bottom-of-the-line role quite studiously – it offers very little in exchange for its $350 MSRP, fifty dollars more than the ZR100. By comparison, the HC26 offers a slightly higher ease of use, automatic controls, better battery time, and a smaller frame. The downside is, well, most everything else, including bright and low light performance. While the Sony does include a “photo” button, it records the stills to MiniDV tape, which is hardly much better than not having a button at all (as in the ZR500). In both cases, the resolution is so low as to make the still worthless. This is no contest – the Canon ZR500 has a better picture, a mic-input, and a lower price.

sony is more expensive too but if you can get a videocam abroad and don't care for the warranty, much better getting it in the US much much cheaper

Well, if you have a credit card you can buy it online as i have done with my other camera related purchases. BH Photo Video is one of the trusted online store for photo and video equipment. Here's a link of their web site: www.bhphotovideo.com.
    You can never go wrong if you follow the course of nature....

and they deliver here? what about the customs tax?

Yes they do. Delivery lead time is about 3 to 5 days. I never had an experience with a delivery that is more than 5 days. They deliver as promised.

There are taxes but still within tolerable level.

how much are the taxes? last time I ordered, they sometimes charge 50% of the item value!!

That's too much i guess. As for my latest order, the tax imposed was about 15% of the total cost of the item.

Here's what i have noticed so far. Anything that is shipped through a corporate address a higher tax is imposed. Previously, i used my home as the shipping address and no tax/customs fee whatsoever is collected. I could be wrong with that assumption as there could be changes in the way they collect and compute custom tariffs/taxes lately.

well, what i have noticed nga reversed siya, those in the corporate address, walay tax but kung home naa, looks like random sampling gamit ani nila hehehe

anyways back to topic ta
    heres some tips on buying a videocam

* disregard the digital zoom rating, the PQ is crappy at high zoom levels and gud luck steadying it without a tripod
    * get a true 16:9 widescreen recording mas nindot gyud maski dili pa widescreen imo TV
    * get a model nga ang batts pwede mailisan ug high capacity model (mas larger ni siya so usually naa sa back of the videocam ang batts i butang)
    *forget about taking digital stills, mas ok pa ang cheap digicam kaysa mag picture taking ka sa imo digicam
    * ask yourself if a 0 lux/nightshot feature is worth the extra price (unless you wanna take some"night in paris style" video)
    * smaller is better
    * check for reviews in the web
    * forget about DVD corders unless they are the highest model, even then it can't compete with the quality of a mini-dv, its more of convenience issue but with a firewire cable(tag 250 rani) ok na kaayo
    hehehe unsa pa man

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast