Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default A quick and simple way to view the threads you've posted in

I know a lot have been complaining about missing an old feature in the old iStorya, the option that allows you to see recent responses to threads you participated/posted in.

One solution offered was to subscribe (via auto or otherwise) to the said threads. While this may be nice, the fact that it will send you email can be annoying to some.

This method will mimic the old method, and all it takes is a few steps:

1. Press the SEARCH button

2. Select ADVANCED SEARCH

3. Under "Search by User Name", type in your username, then leave the selection on "Find posts by user" and check the "Exact Name" checkbox

4. Use the following options...

(it's up to you if you want to view posts since yesterday or since last week, etc.)

5. Press "Search Now"

6. Now...pay attention...look at your URL field... it will show this line:

Code:
    https://www.istorya.net/forums/search.php?searchid=xxxxx
    That 5-digit number (the xxxxx) is a unique code generated by the board after considering your iStorya user name plus all the search options you selected.

6. Now, you can opt to do several things (i.e. you can bookmark, copy and paste this link in notepad, etc), but in Firefox, what I now do is to drag this tab to my "Bookmarks Toolbar" just below the URL box/field, in Firefox. Voila! I now have an Instant Button to check the threads that I participated in...

Take note that you don't have to repeat all the steps I've mentioned once you've had that button in the Firefox Toolbar. You're just one click away from checking the threads you contributed in.

I hope this works for you, it's been working pretty good for me, and I don't have to subscribe to any thread.

-RODION
    Last edited by rodsky; 06-03-2008 at 04:23 PM.

basa sa ko balik..heheh

Blog Entries
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Err, I just found a problem with this method. If you log out of istorya, that 5-digit code disappears (cookies cleared I guess), so each time you log into iStorya, you have to do all 6-steps all over again. Sorry, didn't realize this, but still, at least as long as you are logged in, you have that button to use.

-RODION

pwede ko share sa akong method?...

first..mu post ka sa usa ka thread...adto ka Thread Tools then click Subscribe To This Thread...u do this everytime mu post ka sa usa ka thread...

if mu tanaw ka balik ato na thread..just click Quick Links then Subscribed Threads...mu ra ra siya ug updated topics sa old istorya...inig view nimo ang wala nimo na basa kay mu bold ang title sa thread...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_phoenix View Post
    pwede ko share sa akong method?...

first..mu post ka sa usa ka thread...adto ka Thread Tools then click Subscribe To This Thread...u do this everytime mu post ka sa usa ka thread...

if mu tanaw ka balik ato na thread..just click Quick Links then Subscribed Threads...mu ra ra siya ug updated topics sa old istorya...inig view nimo ang wala nimo na basa kay mu bold ang title sa thread...
    Yes that's a good method, in fact I've already mentioned it in my first post. Ang problema lang is, you have to subscribe to each thread you like--this may be good if you exclusively use certain areas of iStorya only, but if you're in the habit of jumping around say, 20 threads or more, it can become samok.

Also, with your method, I cannot search for older threads (i.e. posts I made sometime in March 200 that I participated in. But yes, I admit it's a good method for those who want to be subscribed to certain specific threads--I just wanted a quick glance at the threads I've posted in, and my method is what it's all about.

-RODION

mine is a mix of both your methods.

first off, i set my subscription in my profile to "no email notification".
    use this for notification without email for threads you post in.

then i used advanced search to look for all posts by me (only did this once).

after that, i used "thread tools" -> "subscribe to this thread" for all the threads i wanna keep track.

and then used this url for my toolbar button: https://www.istorya.net/forums/subscription.php

Blog Entries
    Nice yes I guess a combination of methods is better--the more tools, the more flexible one can be, thanks!

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    One solution offered was to subscribe (via auto or otherwise) to the said threads. While this may be nice, the fact that it will send you email can be annoying to some.
    Not necessarily man bro. You can always choose No Email Notification.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondon2d View Post
    Not necessarily man bro. You can always choose No Email Notification.
    Yep thanks for the reminder bro, I stand corrected. I saw that in dark and jason's posts and realized one can actually disable it man diay. Thanks again

-RODION

No problem bro, that's what I always tell them kato start pa sa iStorya V2.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast