Default does anyone here buy a car online from japan?

What are your experience? unsay fees sa PHP customs pila kaha mabayran? mga istoryans please tabang

para na xa sa business? or are you buying just one car?

If for business, usually, dismantled ang car, and diri ra nila i-assemble balik...

If you're just buying one car, seriously? You'll have to pay for the shipping cost, almost add ka og approximately 100k. Bayad sa customs, not sure, but you'll pay not less than 10k, depende sa cost nimo.

CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight)
    Goods imported into Philippines are subject to VAT at a rate of 12% calculated over the CIF value plus any applicable duty.

Anyways, good luck..!
    Last edited by stealthghost; 02-25-2015 at 09:04 AM.

It's illegal to import second hand cars to the philippines. If you import a new car, not only do you need to pay VAT, you also have to pay a 40% customs duty and an additional ad valorem tax that can be up to 100% of the book value. Powerful people own the car dealerships, and they'd prefer not to have any competition.

You could smuggle it, if you have a connection in customs.

Quote Originally Posted by zaibon View Post
    It's illegal to import second hand cars to the philippines. If you import a new car, not only do you need to pay VAT, you also have to pay a 40% customs duty and an additional ad valorem tax that can be up to 100% of the book value. Powerful people own the car dealerships, and they'd prefer not to have any competition.

You could smuggle it, if you have a connection in customs.
    lol very well said boss "You could smuggle it, if you have a connection in customs."

Quote Originally Posted by stealthghost View Post
    para na xa sa business? or are you buying just one car?

If for business, usually, dismantled ang car, and diri ra nila i-assemble balik...

If you're just buying one car, seriously? You'll have to pay for the shipping cost, almost add ka og approximately 100k. Bayad sa customs, not sure, but you'll pay not less than 10k, depende sa cost nimo.

CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight)
    Goods imported into Philippines are subject to VAT at a rate of 12% calculated over the CIF value plus any applicable duty.

Anyways, good luck..!
    Boss Im planning on buying just one car for myself.

May I ask if pede diritso sa port of cebu ang shipment?

probably best if you'll just buy here...unless you have hundreds of thousands of cash...and unlimited time for government hassle follow-up, then, go!

my uncle's 3-door pajero roughly amounted to 380k-400k...that's just for everything from japan to cebu...NOT including the cost of the car...

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    probably best if you'll just buy here...unless you have hundreds of thousands of cash...and unlimited time for government hassle follow-up, then, go!

my uncle's 3-door pajero roughly amounted to 380k-400k...that's just for everything from japan to cebu...NOT including the cost of the car...
    ah salamat sa tubag

9.    Advertisement