Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Old Film Cameras and Lenses - What do you do with them?

Hi All,

Just want to know if any of you who own old film cameras and lenses still use them, or at least the lenses?

I ask because i have an old Canon A1 and 3 FD lenses that are still in good shape. I would really like to use the lenses at least as there is a nice 50mm 1.4 prime, a 100-300mm zoom, ang fish-eye. They are all full manual of course and understand that if i use it with today's new generation DSLR's (using adaptors/coverters??), i will not get any AF functions to work. That's ok though as this is just to make use of them and for experimenting purposes - sayang man gud.

I would like to hear from others who have made good use of old stuff, what sort of modifications, techniques you did to get it to work. Also let us know how they perform and if it is even worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.

glide 1

ps. i have pics that i could post here of the camera if anyone is interested to see. let me know.

a couple of the photographers from istorya.net still use their film cameras. i have a 1935 camera that i still use today!

naa ko Olympus OM lens, nagamit man nako sa akong Olympus E450 ron. ako ra gipalitan ug Om len adaptor. Bisag iya AF function, magapit rapud. murag naa man sab baligya ana adaptors para sa canon nga from FD to EF.

Quote Originally Posted by mryozo View Post
    naa ko Olympus OM lens, nagamit man nako sa akong Olympus E450 ron. ako ra gipalitan ug Om len adaptor. Bisag iya AF function, magapit rapud. murag naa man sab baligya ana adaptors para sa canon nga from FD to EF.

pnoize, mryozo - thanks sa feedback. Will try hunt down an FD - EF adaptor then. Anyone else doing this with good success?

i keep my film cam coz it myt be a collector's item in the future and the value might be very high.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by D-joe View Post
    i keep my film cam coz it myt be a collector's item in the future and the value might be very high.. hehe
    Nice, i'l do the same then

Found an FD-EF lens adaptor on ebay which i'll try out, hopefully it will work ok.

tagoa lng na imu film cams bro.. ^_^ i have a yashica gsn rangefinder... if mag crave ko tira film, mao to ako ginagamit... ^_^

murag naa koy na kit-an molds sa zoom lens, the rest ok ra limpyo pa kaayo. Asa kaha ta ma pa limpyo ani?

here's a few shots sa cam and lenses:

1. i think we can still use film cameras and lenses as long as they work. i am old school... im an analog guy...i dont believe in 1s and 0s coz in real life, there is a lot in between. i still use my nikon f3 somehow.

2. keep them as souvenir and wait a few more years. maybe they become highly prized items.

@glide - great set of lenses sir... try sa allen camera repair.. atbang na xa sa colonade mall.. so far, dd2 dagan ang mga pips wen it comes to vintage cam repairs og uban pa.. ^_^

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast