Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help Choosing Memory RAM

ay wasup fella'z......

im planing to built a computer using ABiT Fatal1ty AN8 SLi .....
    but the feature for this motherboard say'z it Supports dual channel DDR400 non-ECC un-buffered memory.....

what i wanna know if i can go beyond that like :
    DDR 500 (PC 4000)
    DDR 533 (PC 4200)
    DDR 533 (PC 4300)
    DDR 550 (PC 4400)
    DDR 566 (PC 4500)
    DDR 600 (PC 4800)
    DDR 625 (PC 5000)

(and wat bout DDR2?? is dat compatible wit mah motherboard?)

i was talking to "jcy0001" and se said he like'z tighter timing on da RAM.

wat do u guys Prefer somthing like DDR 400 (PC 3200) at 2-2-2-5 timing
    or something like DDR 625 (PC 5000) at 2.5-4-3-10 timing

does da timing realy make a BIG difference or not?

wat do u guys suggest is da best for me on mah motherboard

you cant use DDR2 on an AMD flatformcause it doesnt support it right now.
    if youre after overclocking i would suggest a higher memory than DDR400 to support the extra megahertz your going to put on your CPU with a 1:1 ratio.
    tight timings is ideal for stock speeds that supports DDR400 memories and is the fastest speed you can get for DDR400..however...they wont overclock too high while maintaining that timings(the higher the memeory speed goes..the looser the timings will be so its gonna be a compromise on lower memory speed with tight timings or highest memory speed with slow timings.

thankz DD,...

can i get any other Opinion or suggestion for anybody elz

im not sure if i wanna overclock da comp. but who know'z,... maybe if im not satisfied wit da speed of da comp. i might just overclock it,...
    but mah plan is to buy 2 gig'z of RAM.... at 1st when i build mah comp. (and maybe in da future i might add more,...)

para nako kung Datu ka Overclocked lang pero kung t-hik ka AYAW nalang kay basin ma guba or mu maka-reduced gyud baya na og life span sa imong parts (cuz of stress) sos abit baya na mobo nimo murag walay ga handle ana diri Gawas ra gyud na palit sa... lisod na ma warranty

ay so wasup,....

can anybody elz can give me some suggesttionz

get the fastest one you can get, even tho its faster than what your motherboard can support it will still run prefectly.. if you plan to get DDR2 just make sure your motherboard can support DDR2, also get alteast 2GB.

higher Memory speeds have more loose timings, even if thats the case its still faster than a mere DDR400 CL2.0

if you can afford that board then mind as well get the highest performance memory supported by that board...

i just talk to a friend of mine earlier 2day,....
    and he suggest'd i buy a DFI SLi-DR board,.... coz its cheaper thn da Fatal1ty AN8 SLi,....

both of 'em are real tight boardz,...... DFI clockz better thn Fatal1ty and cheaper,...

i dont know but 4 some reason i also like da ABiT Fatal1ty board,... it has a Max Vdimm of 3.55V,.... datz pretty good compared to da DFI SLi-DR

bim27142@ : if you can afford that board then mind as well get the highest performance memory supported by that board... -------> well wat is da highest performance memory i can get

and my main question still stands,...... do i go for a high speed memory or a low speed memory like DDR400 or DRR500 with a real tight timing,....

the mushkin redline series and OCZ gold VX series can do DDR500 and higher with very tight timings (2-2-2-5) @3.6-3.75V so i suggest checking their DDR4000 memories with the aforementioned model names.
    personnaly..id go forthe ABIT board since youll need the OCZ memory voltage booster to feed higher voltages on the memories to run it with tight timings and ive read that the memory volatge booster has incompatibility problems with the DFI boards.
    (thats just what i read in alot of online forums and testboards and not a personnal experience)

Quote Originally Posted by cHoLoCoY
    and my main question still stands,...... do i go for a high speed memory or a low speed memory like DDR400 or DRR500 with a real tight timing,....

like i said in my post above, go for the higher memory speed, unlike b4 memtimngs play a massive role on the memory performance. with the new memory controllers that AMD use.. dili na gyud ana ka grabi ang impact sa loose timing sa memory.. its all in the FSB

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast