Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Great Gig in the Sky

everyone knows pink floyd ang artist, pero whos the voice behind that music(great gig in the sky) ? tana lang. grabe bayhana oi

Default Re: The Great Gig in the Sky

bayhana?? lolz..laki man vocz sa pink floyd

vince I think si Clare Tory man siguro ang nikanta anang Great Gig in the sky. grabe btaw tingog bayhana gives chills on my spine... I think naa na sa Dark Side of the Moon guess singer si clare tory ana. nya ni apologize pa gyud siya nga dili kuno na mao ang iyang best vocal performance. wow unsa gyud kaha ang pinakabest nya nga voice.

she's a white babe but sings like a black woman. mura negra iya tingog. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by DamneD
    bayhana?? lolz..laki man vocz sa pink floyd
    kbaw ko nga laki ang ilang singer its either gilmour or waters. I was referring to the song Great Gig in the Sky, babae ang singer ana, dili si waters nor gilmour ang gakanta.

thanks level42 for the info. haunting kaayo ang voice sa babae...

three thumbs up sa vocal performance

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilInside
    three thumbs up sa vocal performance
    mao gyud

PINK FLOYD SINGER(great gig in the sky) WINS SETTLEMENT FROM BAND

A session singer who was paid just $58 (GBP30) to perform on PINK FLOYD's legendary DARK SIDE OF THE MOON album has won an out of court settlement from the band and its record label.

CLARE TORRY sang on track THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY and was credited on the 1973 LP - but only received the meagre sum, even though the album went on to sell 36 million copies and stayed in the charts for 26 years.

She told London's High Court she deserved half ownership of copyright for helping to compose the track as she had used a special "wailing" vocal technique when the song was recorded.

The court agreed with Torry. Details of the settlement have not been disclosed - but experts guess the sum could be hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    13/04/2005 13:34

I think she deserves it. she nails it down, it was considered as one of the greatest vocal performances in music history...

I think that song also helps pink floyds career as superstars. naa gyud na pirmi sa ilang live shows.

cool!

very true indeed, grabe ka nindot ni nga song! everytime i listen to it, fresh pirme ang dating nako! pink floyd grabe jud!

I would love to see Whitney Houston and Oleta Adams(katong ka duet ni Roland Orzabal sa Woman in Chains) singing great gig in the sky... hmmmm it may not be as powerful as Clare Torry's but I think sila siguro ang pinakadool nga makakuha...

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast