Thread: Cryptids

Default Cryptids

opening up the world of cryptozoology/cryptobotany and the things they call cryptid..
    cryptid - is a creature or plant whose existence has been suggested but is unrecognized by scientific consensus and often regarded as highly unlikely.
    all about Philippine cryptid animals...

Default Re: i am wondering if mods would allow this...

ill do the honors of adding one..
    the one they call sigbin, sing-galong..
    in the north people call it sigbin, but i know there is another term for sigbin in the northern part of cebu i just forgot,
    some people in the south call it sigbin or sing-galong..
    but some old folks say that this two creatures differ from each other and have distinctive characteristics and features...
    sigbin more looks like a kangaroo while sing-galong is a cat whose big as a tiger with red ruby eyes and it only appears every full moon to hunt..

This thread is very much welcome here , but it belongs to the SCIENCE SUB FORUM .since the animals we are talking about are not PETS hehehe . Moving this .

Would love to have pictures of creatures that belongs to the specie " cryptid "

We also encountered one in our house about 28 years ago , a python probably as think as my thighs wrapped around in the banana trunk / stem . What is amazing about it as was that its not an albino because albino python kay yellow man ang color . The one I am talking about was PURE WHITE ... like BOND PAPER WHITE . I was there to witness it also yet nobody dared to catch it kay " binuhi daw sa dili ingon nato " until it left heading to the bushes and disappeared . That was in Francisca Village , Happy Valley .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Blog Entries

whose existence has been suggested but is unrecognized by scientific consensus and often regarded as highly unlikely.
    Science is about fact. "Suggested" is NOT fact, but a merely suggestion. The iStorya.net science section is all about FACT.

Thus a topic on Cryptids has no place in a science section.

However, Spring's account is fact--the problem is he failed to document the event. And yes, there are cases of pure white albino reptiles. The levels of melanin depletion in cells can vary, and thus in extreme cases, pure white can happen.

Closing thread.

-RODION

5.    Advertisement