Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default why is it that most of the bands in cebu is doing cover?

how can you determine that a band is good or not? most of the bands here in cebu are playing cover songs, and most of the crowd love cover songs too, a few of them play thier original songs. why is it?

Blame the crowd first. Most audiences will always say" UNSA MAN NA ILANG GI TUKAR? WA' LAGI KO KAILA ANA!". They'd prefer hearing songs that they've already heard on the radio or seen on MTV.

But, more importantly, BLAME THE CLUBS AND CONCERT ORGANIZERS. In order to get accepted in say, RATSKYS or JUKEBOX, they will demand that the bands to show that they can do TOP 40 songs, and "danceable" tunes.

they really suck!...
    i hope they catch fire...bwehehehe! (kidding)

starting point pman gd ang mag do ug cover songs.... pero i gues 2ngod btaw na sa audience... kay daghan dili kasakay...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Borromeo
    Blame the crowd first. Most audiences will always say" UNSA MAN NA ILANG GI TUKAR? WA' LAGI KO KAILA ANA!". They'd prefer hearing songs that they've already heard on the radio or seen on MTV.

But, more importantly, BLAME THE CLUBS AND CONCERT ORGANIZERS. In order to get accepted in say, RATSKYS or JUKEBOX, they will demand that the bands to show that they can do TOP 40 songs, and "danceable" tunes.

its all about the money...

I'm not just saying it's about money. I'm saying, there aren't that many venues where a band can play originals, with an appreciative audience, in the first place.

bitaw... kay dghan mn bands who play evn f they dont get payed.

I agree with Carlo. The audience here in Cebu prefer to listen to songs which are very familiar to them. Especially if the song's a hit, expect majority of the crowd to party. Cebuanos are very "sakay sa uso." Very disappointing, despite the fact that Cebuanos have great taste in music. Ironic huh? This mentality ought to be changed.
    وليس هناك كعكه ، والكعكه هو كذبة.

Cebu Bands playing covers on shows isn't new at all.... during the local ground days, there's only a few who played their own stuff. I am proud to admit that my brother was one of the first ones to play original materials in local shows (He also has a problem of remembering the lyrics.. he could never get it right, that's why he rarely sings covers).
    A rush of original music came when Y101 decides to play original music... bands now have an incentive to write their own stuff... even for showbands such as 40. Although not all of the songs were great... it was nice to hear some original Cebu music being promoted over the radio.

Then the Local Ground scene came to the picture.... a few good bands came out of it (THE IRE) and a lot of bands not worthy to mention or even remembered (MEDUZA TACITURN). Several radio stations started accepting original materials while Y101 slowly changing their direction.

_______

That sucks nga ang clubs doesn't host bands that plays original. It's sad to realize that the crowd would rather hear a band do a cover instead of them playing their own music, promoting their sound. Sakto kaayo si Glassmoon about Cebuanos nga sakay kaayo sa uso....
    Hopefully naay mo open nga club sa Cebu nga mo cater to people who only does original materials.

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?

there are still some bands here in cebu who play their original compositions jsut like URBAN DUB!!!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast