Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mingoy777 View Post
    ^^yes he told me na ganahan daw iya papa maka kita unsa itsura sa dog if dobe and rott.. ga experimento diay.. naka bantay pud ko uban diri mga puppy millers..naa pud maayo kaayo mo post2x na dog lover sila and maluoy sila sa mga dogs etc. but pag adto sa ila sus ang mga dogs gi cage ra tanan and wala jud gawas2x sa cage.. hugaw pa jd kaayo ang place.. tsk3x
    mailhan jud nimu ng ganegosyo bro igka bisita nimu sa ila... sa living condition sa mga dogs... sa "quality" sa mga dogs, ug most blatant is - sa knowledge (or lack of it) sa tag-iya sa iya kaugalingong dog breeds.... etc etc...

nice thread. daghan kaau ko nakat.unan..kay plan sd ko mo own og pitbull and first timer sd ko..eager nsd ko mopalit but sa akong nabasahan dri mora og next year nalng goro ko mo palit kay mag study pa ko kn unsa jd nga type and how to select a quality pitbull breed .. ask lng ko ig advisable bah to have pit dn naa below 3 years old nga bby? thanks in advance

I have a question, where can I have my dogs tested with cardiomyopathy, cervical vertebral instability (CVI), Von Willebrand's disease (VWD) and hip dysplasia? How much does these tests cost? I'm asking this cause if I want to be a reputable breeder in the future I need to test my dogs before I breed them and I could only breed them if they pass these tests.

@noodles: any breed of dog is ok with kids bai.as long as,u get ur dog from an ethical breeder who breeds for stable temperament,observe the parents of ur would be dog as too its reactions,etc. at the same time supervise & socialize ur dog with kids.train ur dog also.let the breeder guide you as to which pup is suitable for ur needs.

Quote Originally Posted by gc_tj View Post
    I have a question, where can I have my dogs tested with cardiomyopathy, cervical vertebral instability (CVI), Von Willebrand's disease (VWD) and hip dysplasia? How much does these tests cost? I'm asking this cause if I want to be a reputable breeder in the future I need to test my dogs before I breed them and I could only breed them if they pass these tests.
    gud pm.testing dogs with congenital health anomalies is the best thing a breeder could do,as well as testing for orthopedic problems.but this is possible only in the advance countries like the states,as of the moment (correct me if im wrong).in the Philippines,most breeders only rely on imported stock which is screened already or has a stamp of the health organization that screened it in its papers such as OFA (orthopedic foundation for animals),PENNHIP (pennsylvania hip improvement program),CERF (certified eye registry foundation), and the likes.

Lisud btaw au wala diri sa pinas ug OFA accredited. Mau bya na ako plan inig next breeding sa ako female husky ug 1 requirement from a friend of mine para I could used his import stud husky for my female. Ipa X-ray nko ang hips to check for hip dysplasia if clear.

Quote Originally Posted by humper View Post
    @noodles: any breed of dog is ok with kids bai.as long as,u get ur dog from an ethical breeder who breeds for stable temperament,observe the parents of ur would be dog as too its reactions,etc. at the same time supervise & socialize ur dog with kids.train ur dog also.let the breeder guide you as to which pup is suitable for ur needs.
    thanks a lot sa advice bai. appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by humper View Post
    gud pm.testing dogs with congenital health anomalies is the best thing a breeder could do,as well as testing for orthopedic problems.but this is possible only in the advance countries like the states,as of the moment (correct me if im wrong).in the Philippines,most breeders only rely on imported stock which is screened already or has a stamp of the health organization that screened it in its papers such as OFA (orthopedic foundation for animals),PENNHIP (pennsylvania hip improvement program),CERF (certified eye registry foundation), and the likes.

So it would be very difficult for us who are living in Cebu to become a reputable breeder if we follow the true meaning of the word. Therefore we must make use of what we have. Meaning since health testing is not within my control then I will make sure I will implement those within my control. If I want to become a reputable breeder, I must do the following:
    1) title my dogs before breeding them. I will not only compete in conformation show but I will finish their championship.
    2) require the buyer to spay/neuter my pups if the pups are pet quality only.(contract needed)
    3) reputable breeders dont make money in selling their puppies. They are not in this for the money. In fact most of them loose money. They will be lucky to break even. But I will not go to that extreme. Breaking even will be enough for me. Since I will not be health testing my pup, my expenses will be lesser and I can sell my pups at a lesser price. In fact I might be able to compete (price wise) with the other backyard breeders who sell cheap pups but with sub quality. With this I can safely say that I will be improving the quality of dogs in Cebu and if others will follow then we will create a big impact. Who would want to buy a sub quality pup if they can buy good quality pup for the same price.

^^^^

That would be nice if everyone is like that .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by gc_tj View Post
    So it would be very difficult for us who are living in Cebu to become a reputable breeder if we follow the true meaning of the word. Therefore we must make use of what we have. Meaning since health testing is not within my control then I will make sure I will implement those within my control. If I want to become a reputable breeder, I must do the following:
    1) title my dogs before breeding them. I will not only compete in conformation show but I will finish their championship.
    2) require the buyer to spay/neuter my pups if the pups are pet quality only.(contract needed)
    3) reputable breeders dont make money in selling their puppies. They are not in this for the money. In fact most of them loose money. They will be lucky to break even. But I will not go to that extreme. Breaking even will be enough for me. Since I will not be health testing my pup, my expenses will be lesser and I can sell my pups at a lesser price. In fact I might be able to compete (price wise) with the other backyard breeders who sell cheap pups but with sub quality. With this I can safely say that I will be improving the quality of dogs in Cebu and if others will follow then we will create a big impact. Who would want to buy a sub quality pup if they can buy good quality pup for the same price.

nice ^^ up up up.

mind f i ask e pm na lng.^^ what kind of dogs are u keeping?

11.    Advertisement

Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast