Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying cars?

Default Re: Flying cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstring67 View Post
    na approved na jd.

Britons may soon fly cars!, United Kingdom Science and Technology - Maktoob News

murag lisod man na i mass produce ang flying cars..lisod man gani i control sa airport na pila ra ka eroplano ang mogawas ug moabot..if the cars will be flying, yeah wala na traffic ( wla na traffic sa dalan kay nanglupad nman) but what i'm afraid of is ang accidents..dghan man gani ma aksidente sa dalan nga 1 way or 2 way ra..how much more ug sa airspace nga traffic will be coming from all directions..the movies with flying cars are well too organized..but with the type of drivers that we do have here sa philippines? I dont think it will work..

sa ako ra sad nah

suya ko dah..sakto pud murag mas dghan disgrasya mahitabo...

mao jud,,kuyaw na if madayun tungod sa disgrasya.

mura nmn na sila ug airplane hahaha

Flying Maruti

An inventor from India was inspired by several things when he designed his flying vehicle, one of them being drawn from the "Back to the Future" movie.

The 52-year-old A.K. Vishwanath says that his airborn version of the converted 800cc Maruti car can actually fly, featuring rotor blades attached to the roof and wheelarches that make up a "vacuum section".

It is worth mentioning that this vehicle boasts vertical lift-off and has been one of the main attractions at this year's Aero India air show that took place in Bangalore. The name of the vehicle is B'Lorean, which comes from the inventor's home town Bangalore and the famous DeLorean sports car.

Helped by a team of engineers, the inventor, finally, after 16 years, managed to complete his flying Maruti. Maruti was the first small car in India, being launched back in the 1980s by Suzuki.

Source:
    Indian inventor claims to have made flying car | Mail Online
    Top 10 DIY Inventions - Technology - InfoNIAC - Latest Inventions

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.W View Post
    murag lisod man na i mass produce ang flying cars..lisod man gani i control sa airport na pila ra ka eroplano ang mogawas ug moabot..if the cars will be flying, yeah wala na traffic ( wla na traffic sa dalan kay nanglupad nman) but what i'm afraid of is ang accidents..dghan man gani ma aksidente sa dalan nga 1 way or 2 way ra..how much more ug sa airspace nga traffic will be coming from all directions..the movies with flying cars are well too organized..but with the type of drivers that we do have here sa philippines? I dont think it will work..

sa ako ra sad nah

Spot on. I think this is the main problem; we already have enough idiots behind the wheel. Adding more idiots to the sky by mass-producing flying cars is a disaster waiting to happen. If flying cars were to happen, they'd need to be computer-controlled to an extent, like in a fly-by-wire system in modern aircraft. What about the legal and administrative aspects; are they to be classified as automobiles or as aircraft, or as a completely new design? And add to this the hysteria that hasn't subsided since 9/11 about aircraft being turned into cruise missiles.
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

electric cars are going to be released in 2012. so i think it will take like 10 more years for the flying cars
    &#x202a;Roadfly.com - 2011 Nissan LEAF Electric Car Road Test & Review&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube <---- check it out!

Flying Military Vehicles from AIA and Lockheed Martin

The research division of the DoD is in search of someone that could design and make a 4-seat, off-road flying vehicle able to resist in a war zone.

The description of the so-called Transformer TX program reads that DARPA "seeks to combine the advantages of ground vehicles and helicopters into a single vehicle, maximizing flexibility of movement. The TX concept will provide options to counter traditional and asymmetrical threats while avoiding road obstructions."

The Aviation Week says that military contractors AAI and Lockheed Martin both managed to come up with feasible designs for such a vehicle. The two have also moved closer to testing a prototype fly-drive vehicle.

The aim of such a flying military vehicle is to transport personnel from a ship to a land-based site. In case the terrain becomes dangerous to cross, the vehicle would be able to fly over the barriers.

Below there are two approaches for building such a vehicle, that of the AAI and the Lockheed one.

Specifications of the AAI's vehicle:

- 7,500 lbs

- unpowered rotor

- fold-out wing

- a single 1,200 shp Honeywell HTS900 turboshaft powering 4 electric wheel motors

- able to perform a "jump" take-off

- speed 80 mph

- flight speed range is 50 to 155 kt

- maximum altitude is 10,000 ft

Specifications of the Lockheed Martin's vehicle:

- 7,000lb vehicle

- 41.f ft wing span

- ducted fans that tilt from horizontal to vertical - to help the vehicle lift off - and vice versa for forward flight

- Pratt and Whitney EnduroCore heavy-fuel dual rotary engine that drives 4 electric wheel motors

- a pair of turboshaft engines that power the fans

- trailing-edge flap to increase lift at low speed

- flight speed is up to 130 kt

Phase 3 test flights are expected to occur in 2015.

Blog Entries

If mo abot na ang panahon nga mang lupad na ang mga sakyanan, better watch out for this little guy:

Remember, it was capable of bringing down a military helecopter.

Flying kite causes Philippine military helicopter crash

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast