Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast

agree ko nimo bai arns.at long last na post na jud ni na subject.i also wanted to add something that is a flaw among would be breeders specially the ones promoting there dogs for STUD.often i saw in an add na: 'this Stud dog produces 10 pups & so on & so forth' which is a very WRONG notion,& whenever i hear this in a stud dog owner i tend to put an air of dismay bisag unsa ka gwapo iyang stud,in the sense that litter size is dependent on the female-its genetics,age,(sometimes) size & health.The only role of the male is to pass his genes/traits & to fertilize the reproductive cell of the female (if he is Fertile).

Other marketing statements of disreputable or unknowledgable breeders of diff.breeds:

* Extra large,XXL,Giant,etc-this term often are applied to large or medium breeds whose standards dictates doesn't allow those size range.and are already a fault,& for me size is ok as long as its health & general conformation is not sacrificed.

*Snub nosed,box-type -often are applied in bulky breeds like rottweilers,pitbulls & the likes.and basically its already a fault,specially in rotts which calls for its nose "to be broad & muzzle should appear neither elongated or shortened in relation to the cranial region".box-type means something like,squarely built or compact.again,read & familiarized the standard of the breed u fancy first & foremost.

*False Titles- often times disreputable owners or breeders promote their own dogs or its parents as 'Champions' in conformation ring or are "Obedience title holders" but upon personal or actual scrutiny non of its boasted 'titles' are evident both in their own dog's form or function.naay uban na bisag ilang dog nakadaog lang ug FUN MATCH,ila ng ingnun na "champion" na daw sa show.

* Teacups,micro,tiny toy,etc.- obviously for the faulty runts of small breeds,which are usually sickly & faulty.

* Rare type or colors- are often applied to faulty or disqualifying traits in a breed/s: such as,blue eyed dalmatians,merle chihuahuas,blue or liver GSDs,or GSDs or Great Danes with wrong color code pairing resulting in a mixed up of undesirable or prohibited breeding.

[B]*Color marks in its Registration papers- (this is my favorite) & the most popular marketing strategy,well its a good thing but 'Red or Green marks' in its papers does not automatically means immediate quality,often times its quality papers is not evident in the puppy who rightfully or unrightfully owns it...in an obvious way.Genetics is a big gamble,and even if the parents are beautiful in papers,if he is not rightfully paired or is not able to passed its beautiful form to its offspring/s...then its of no use.

*Movie magic- often times when a famed 'dog movie' is in a trend,unscrupulous breeders,just sell there pups,would say that his/her dog is a son or grandson or great great grandson of 'beethoven' or lassie' or who ever doggie star it is.
    Last edited by humper; 10-13-2010 at 02:14 PM.

@ Humper/Everyone

yeah, i cant help but laugh/smile whenever i see stud ads saying this male produced 7-8 pups LOL! just goes to show how ignorant the owner is in so far as the genetics and reproductive system of their dogs. if theyre ignorant on that aspect, would you expect them to understand the intricacies of their breed as well? probably nope... and thats just sad. you opened your dog for breeding and yet you yourself dont know how your breed is supposed to look like...

again to emphasize.. WALA TAWN SA MALE ANG NUMBER OF PUPS IN A LITTER OI! that lies on the female.
    lastly, why would one want a bigger litter? more money? i would rather have 3-4 of excellent quality pups than to have 8 or 9 poor and malnourished puppies... malnourished because the mother nutrients have been shared sparingly due of having a big litter.

re : rare colors - almost always, this means off-standards LOL! its purely a marketing gimmick.

re : snub nosed, etc... again, i would like to go to the breed standards.. if one knows the breed standards, and your dog is supposed to be a brachycephalic dog, then one does not need to emphasize the obvious! if your dog is pug, you dont have to say "snubbed-nose" kay it is expected nga imu pug kay flat nosed! LOL!
    Last edited by Ironwood_Cebu; 10-13-2010 at 02:29 PM.

mao jud bai arns,& ako pud iadd na almost always "kennel blind" ang disreputable owners/breedrs,in a way na blind cla sa fault sa ila dog (or they dont know it) ug wa nay laing nindot sa ila kundi ilang dog or ilang breeding..regardless of its flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by humper View Post
    mao jud bai arns,& ako pud iadd na almost always "kennel blind" ang disreputable owners/breedrs,in a way na blind cla sa fault sa ila dog (or they dont know it) ug wa nay laing nindot sa ila kundi ilang dog or ilang breeding..regardless of its flaws.
    kennel blind, yup.
    mao lagi unta, to cure that blindness, they try to join these dog shows...
    not more on winning but to assess and know asa pa ang kuwang.. para pod maka improve sila
    bisag ginagmay nga improvement lang gud... at least makamata ta nga we are still lacking.

this thread is very helpful. we are planning to breed dogs in the future but we are still saving money coz i know good quality puppies doesn't come cheap. and we do need more info in choosing pups. this is very enlightening. up ko ani.

i do know though that mix breeding has its disadvantages kay ang offspring could inherit the worst traits of both parents.

@ HUMPER and IRONWOOD ...

Very informative and helpful jud ag mga shared inputs ninyo .

Hope to hear more sa ubang sayop , pangilad , marketing strategy sa ubang breeders na kwarta ra gi apas and lastly , mga wrongful information na i share sa prospective buyers .

Up for this !!
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Pwede ko mangutana mga bossing? Kanang baligya nga puppies sa pet shop sulod sa SM cebu maayo ba na nga klase diha? Ug dili man asa man jud ta makapalit ug tarung jud nga breed. Kanang worth jud ang price sa iro.

As we all know , specially sa DOGS sa PET STORES , still naay binuang and naay tarong . Ang disadvantage lang is most of the time , mas mahal jud siya sa current market price kay naay marked up sa price .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

@dokot we really cant tell if those pups at petshops are of good quality or not..
    again, i go back to my previous post of "understanding the breed standards"..
    if you know the standards and you are guided with it by the time you choose your pup,
    i assure you, you cant go wrong... bisag unsaon pa ka bali-balihon sa seller, if kabalo ka
    unsa nawong ug porma sa imu giganahang breed, dili ka mawala...

Mau gyud sir Arns as long as kahibalo ka sa breed standard bisan asa pana palit ma petshop or sa breeder u can identify directly if quality ang pup or dili. Kay naa ko kaila na nakapalit sa petshop and now its still campaigning for Ph GR ch title
    Last edited by elars; 10-14-2010 at 09:20 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast