Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web / Cloud Hosting

I'm thinking of getting a VPS, but I'm not sure if I can do it with unmanaged VPS since I only want to focus on running the site and forget about security, backup, and other things that are not my field of specialty.

I'll get back on the RoR version later.

The latest RoR version is 3.2.3, you can ask your web host provider to upgrade the RoR, I'm sure they will grant your request.

Okay, how about you try to put your apps on my linux server. RoR is supported on this server. This has very few domains so this can still handle your app. Try to create a free account at https://www.cebuwebsolutions.com and see if it has all the features that you need.

For my RoR application hosted at Site5, they cannot change the RoR version because it is a shared hosting package. So I already updated the codes based on the version they support which is a little lower than 3.2.3.

This is the version that Site5 supports - Ruby 1.8.7 and Rails 3.1.3.

Hi. I replied to your PM.

But if ever you already have a Managed VPS, that is be a better option. But even though it is a managed one, the services that they can provide is limited. Like they can only install and fix OS issues, you can verify to your VPS provider what are the services that are included in a Managed VPS. Some VPS providers also has an hourly limit that they can do work or maintenance on your VPS, also Back-UP Services may not be included in a Managed Package since they are also offering this separately, so you may need to pay per month for the backup.
    Last edited by pauloray; 05-15-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add info

i've tried using microsoft cloud hosting from the company that i worked. So far no problems in bandwidth

you can try VPS sir, or you can still use dedicated server in this company

you can purchase the VPS or the dedicated server for a very affordable price, and i guarantee you that it is safe. and if ever you have questions you will be assisted by their live support 24/7/365,

i hope this information helped you! Good Luck with your business

8.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12