Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default SineBuano

EDIT

Default SineBuano

MrBiddle,

The Panasonic VX100A 24P has a switchable ratio of 16:9 at 24 frames in progressive scan. With the Century Optics attached it has a range of 21mm to 105mm in full opening. This camera performs better if on manual operations. Lens, under normal conditions, is still 20x. This is now the camera in vogue if you intend to scan your video to 35mm film at certain kilobytes, 6 being the highest to date at $4.50 per frame. This VX100A 24P is still mini DV; the one with the memory is Php1,250.00 at AVID SM; the one without at Fuji at SM ground level is Php280.00.

The grungy response to questions on film look is to shoot film. But, right now, there are many softwares on color-correction --- from the traditional Boris series to Magic Bullet to industry -standard ICE --- which can render your video according to particular film emulsions you want them simulated for film look. These are besides the availability of film look effect plug-ins --- such as hair, dust, gunge, burns, rip-offs, etc.

However, I belong (personally now) to the school of thought of full digital i.e. if you shoot digital, project digital; if you want a good film look, shoot film.

But I must admit video (whether digital or analog) is harder to light than film. But then, in shooting digital, what takes 2 hours to set-up in analog only takes 10 minutes in video. This is only all for the reason of portability and ease of movement.

Given all the artifacts of video, once you have a good story and good execution in the shoot, no one would ask about what camera did you use. Watch Virtenberg's "The Celebration" and you will understand what I mean here.

Default SineBuano

Friends@SineBuano,

For now you may read the following as a fantasy piece and you may forget all about it as soon as you are done.

I will be pitching for another film grant in a week or two. The structure of the storyline will be along the following idea:

Two people in love --- they can be hopeless romantic, young or old --- make a pact to enhance their relationship by going to Verona, near Venice, the place of the fictional Romeo and Juliet. Shoot, if the money will be made available, will have to be in Verona and tipteoing around Venice, working on the romances of the place as a backdrop to the story. There will be nothing of social commentary. This will all simply be arty attempt to rev up the Cebuano/Visayan film industry.

A few tearjerking moments. Some funny stuff. And a coup d'grace at the end. All in Cebuano/Visayan --- spoken even in gondola rides, if appropriate to have gondola rides. But most important of all, Cebuano/Visayan talents are captured against the background of Venice and Verona, in a story of romantic love and devotion. The pitch will center around the revival of a film industry --- "Ms MM" is so dark, I seem to realize only now, to be able to actually rev this pitch up.

Default SineBuano

am proud to announce that direk Jomark and SineBuano crew has completed majority or almost all of the principals of a short story that is written by our fellow KA-ISTORYA Carlo Borromeo.

it was said that post production for this movie will be completed in 1 month.

look forward to dvd featurettes as well that go with the movie...

watch the great performances of Bernadeth Monisit and Beverly Morales. worthy of an Oscar... and of course pnoize2k4 exec. director of SineBuano IS Oscar.

hehehe.

Default SineBuano

And not to mention the way MrBiddle covers the overall filmmaking process, which would be shown/inlcuded in the DVD featurette of the "The Witness".
    You can never go wrong if you follow the course of nature....

Default SineBuano

BoeR and Jomark,

I received notification that there is this new topic "Nards" but which I cannot access. If you can transfer that to this forum, I would appreciate it, if only for me to know the content of that new topic:

1. If that topic, like what MrBiddle used to do, asks me certain questions on filmmaking, there is just nothing I can do to answer the poster;

2. If that topic is simply letting off steam, there is just nothing I can do too to help the poster to completely let off steam;

3. If that topic takes notice of the little contribution I have done for the Cebuano/Visayan filmmaking, there is just no way I can thank the poster for taking time in doing it;

4. If that topic is trying to alert me for threats against me, you might just find me dead sooner --- a situation many in SineBuano might thank for.

But, really, what is that new subject "Nards"?

Default SineBuano

Some trivia:

1. Who is Abel Gance?

2. Who are the producers for international release of Akira Korusawa's "Kagemusha"?

3. What happened to the film by Werner Herzog titled "Fitzcarraldo"?

Know the answers to these and you can very well call yourself filmmaker.

Default SineBuano

SineBuano,

I challenge to a friendly debate pnoize2k4 that "under his leadership as executive director, SineBuano is not going anywhere".

Mr. Bernard Villamor can moderate us on language, fallacies and irrelevance.

SineBuano is a serious business. It must, therefore, be run by one who understands the business of filmmaking, appreciates the vision of SineBuano and is competent enough to run the organization of creative people.

I am not eyeing the position of Executive Director and will be declining any offer of it. I want this to be very clear from the very beginning.

I am also open to anyone within SineBuano who would want to pick the cudgels up for pnoize2k4.

Default SineBuano

Some trivia:

1. Who is Abel Gance?

2. Who are the producers for international release of Akira Korusawa's "Kagemusha"?

3. What happened to the film by Werner Herzog titled "Fitzcarraldo"?

Know the answers to these and you can very well call yourself filmmaker.
    abi nako filmmaker na ko

usik tong tuition nako sa napu'o ka minutos skwelahan ni direk Bob (Rodriguez)

Default SineBuano

MrBiddle,

Ayawg tabuni ang akong challenge ni pnoize2k4 to a friendly debate. This is all for the good of SineBuano and its vision.

Karong Wednesday, pangitaa ko sa SM theater lobbies sugod 10:00 A.M. kay bangkahan tika ug sine plus Japanese lunch at Saisaki.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast