Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

i hated it when i had to chop the veggies and clean up the mess he makes when he was cooking
    i hated it when i had to water the plants that he planted
    i hated it when i had to feed the chickens and ducks that he bought
    i hated it when i had to go to church with him during Sundays
    i hated it when i had to listen to him talk about politics and religion, nosebleed

he passed away 3 yrs. and a day ago, i miss him so...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monmyhand View Post
    yes you are truly blessed indeed bey..someday its ur turn to pay it forward to your future children
    though I don't have any children yet Mon, I'm passing his life's lessons to my students and I treat them just like how I was treated by my Dad
    "People who love to eat are always the BEST people."
    Julia Child

When he trained me how to play tennis.Driving an hour to the tennis court even in a bad weather.I miss spending tym with him on the court especially when he tells me to challenge him for just a set.Off the court,I miss our conversations...I'm a papa's girl and I wish he lives close to us again...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    i hated it when i had to chop the veggies and clean up the mess he makes when he was cooking
    i hated it when i had to water the plants that he planted
    i hated it when i had to feed the chickens and ducks that he bought
    i hated it when i had to go to church with him during Sundays
    i hated it when i had to listen to him talk about politics and religion, nosebleed

he passed away 3 yrs. and a day ago, i miss him so...
    I wish we'd always see the important things in life rather than the annoyances.

we never had a long conversation.
    talking to him was very awkward.
    I was very young and shy that time.

and now, he's 80 +
    and i'm going 30.
    2 days and a night, the longest time being with him. But he can't talk anymore.
    He was shot. Then survived, and was shot again on his chin. Bullet piercing into his face across his tongue.
    Communication isn't verbal anymore. I have to look at him directly to his eyes. Movements of his hands and head. Action speaks louder than words.
    He's happy for what I have become now.
    The way he wanted me to be.

Thanks pa, you're great.
    I love you.

when he told me that women could make a difference in the world. and that i should not permit any man in telling me i'm weak.

when he taught me how to play the guitar when i was 12 years old

when he walked me in the aisle with my nanay on my wedding day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Itaire View Post
    I wish we'd always see the important things in life rather than the annoyances.
    when we've matured some, we'd see the most important things behind the annoyances

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NASYO View Post
    Communication isn't verbal anymore.
    Oh how i remembered when my Dad had his 1st stroke last October 27, 2008. After a couple of days in the cardiac intensive care unit, he was transferred to a private room and we were just talking of how he got into the hospital. Then he had lunch and I even told him to sleep so he could rest. Later in the evening, he didn't wake up that time since he had a brain stroke and he was like in a coma... ur line nasyo, reminded me of how painful it was to see my Dad almost lifeless and sleeping in bed...

there were so many things i wanna tell him but i wasn't sure if he could hear me... there were desperate times when i kept repeating the words, "squeeze my hand Pa if u can hear me..." but no response at all... out of despair at that time, i told him for the first time which i selfishly kept from him... I told him how much i love him and not to leave me... that was the most trying times in our family... then after days and nights of prayers, i got a call from my sister when i was on my way to the hospital from work that my Dad suddenly woke up and asked about me first... when i arrived, i was so elated with so much happiness to see my Dad for the first time crying out for me as if we haven't seen each other for a long time... I hugged him and told him finally, "Pappy, don't you ever scare me like that again ha..."

Now, it's been almost a year since his last stroke, not a day goes by that I wouldn't think that i am so blessed to have a miracle in the person of my Dad... thank you so much Lord for blessing me with such great gift.. a gift of time...
    "People who love to eat are always the BEST people."
    Julia Child

Now, I can only ask my father a question answerable by yes or no.
    Life's binary.
    I want to hear more from him. He was a great man.
    Stories from his friends really amazed me. Molapad usahay akong atay.

He never thaught me everything.
    But I've learn to live life with humility.

Quote Originally Posted by Monmyhand View Post
    wow, new lilas every week?

yes new lilas jud every week.. weekly man to iya sweldo and part sa iya overtime ipalit nya lilas n ice cream for me...

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast