Default Thoughts on DIY Car Repair

My car's engine oil is already due and needed to be changed and I am thinking of doing it by myself. Should I try it or just bring my car to my mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeepph View Post
    My car's engine oil is already due and needed to be changed and I am thinking of doing it by myself. Should I try it or just bring my car to my mechanic?
    Hi Bro, try any gas station that offers change oil service.

Quote Originally Posted by ragi View Post
    Hi Bro, try any gas station that offers change oil service.
    Thanks for sharing this. Just a quick question? Have you tried changing your car's engine oil by yourself?

If you have the tools and know-how, sure you can. Tried it before with our oLd beetLe. But I wouLd much prefer have it serviced for PMS.

this is an easy and cheap job to do if you have all the tools and a lifter. but if you mess it up it can do a lot of serious damage to the engine kung mahutdan ug oil. I suggest to just bring it to a nearby trusted gas station that does change oil.

you can if you have the right tools and tinkering skills...

pero kung wala kay lifter, this is very difficult and you need to throw your used oil properly kay masuko si gina lopez nimo kung imo ra na ilabay sa canal or somewhere else sa inyo balay...

I have to agree with that. Thanks for sharing this! Have you tried changing your car's engine oil?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by santario101 View Post
    this is an easy and cheap job to do if you have all the tools and a lifter. but if you mess it up it can do a lot of serious damage to the engine kung mahutdan ug oil. I suggest to just bring it to a nearby trusted gas station that does change oil.
    I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slakker View Post
    sure why not
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bim27142 View Post
    you can if you have the right tools and tinkering skills...

pero kung wala kay lifter, this is very difficult and you need to throw your used oil properly kay masuko si gina lopez nimo kung imo ra na ilabay sa canal or somewhere else sa inyo balay...
    I agree that there's a lot of things to consider before trying DIY Car Repair. Thanks for your thoughts!. Highly appreciated.

9.    Advertisement