Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Deism

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan James View Post
    Been wonderig the same. Even though I do not know what god’s name is, even though I do not talk to him/her/it through prayer I still have my blessings coming. I think it’s a matter of what you attract. I just think that it’s all about having faith that things will turn good. The idea of God is a hardest thing to understand. As for me I just wanna choose to love being human. I just want to make or to discover a purpose for my existence. And lastly to face death smiling. I do not know whether death is the ultimate end or there is an after life. But what I am sure with is that death is the end of this reality i’m in right now and I’m gonna make sure to face it smiling. And if god’s concern really is imposing rules on me he would have made it clearer in the beginning. He’s too unfair if he’s gonna save the christians only or the muslims or any other specific religion only.

atm, i also have times where i regret growing up into a conventional catholic upbringing where, despite attending mass and other church activities have not offered any explanations and time to explaining the faith the way most protestant churches do ( that's i bel is lacing in this faith at least in my exp).

i wish i grew up not being indoctrinated because the struggle of trying to get away from it and looking at it from a point of view as a re-evaluator is not easy . like a plant taking roots that has gone too deep.

hopefully, time will help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kar_26 View Post
    @noy , when i can, i will. google lang "indulgence catholic faith" enough?

though atm, i prefer to be spitirual than religious and mobing steps back in an attempt to see the whole picture my view and make my own take based on them.
    on indulgence, yeah that will do.
    i think whatever suits you best is what you should do, as long as you are not causing harm to others and to mother nature hehe.
    if god is really loving and forgiving like how they say he is, then i'm sure he'd understand if you try every perspective in the market or even suspend judgment. after all, you're doing it for the love of knowing god more.
    as for me, I'm good with knowing that i have the freedom to choose how to live my life and not according to how a certain religion suggests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Can we also include the follower(s) of other fad groups in there like
    pantheism, druidism, zionism, theism, monotheism, satanism etc? lol
    nay mas sipa boss.. Dudeism, a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle inspired by "The Dude", the protagonist of the Coen Brothers' 1998 film The Big Lebowski. hahahaha..shabu pa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Can we also include the follower(s) of other fad groups in there like
    pantheism, druidism, zionism, theism, monotheism, satanism etc? lol
    In general, I think there are only atheist, agnostic and the theist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kar_26 View Post
    atm, i also have times where i regret growing up into a conventional catholic upbringing where, despite attending mass and other church activities have not offered any explanations and time to explaining the faith the way most protestant churches do ( that's i bel is lacing in this faith at least in my exp).

i wish i grew up not being indoctrinated because the struggle of trying to get away from it and looking at it from a point of view as a re-evaluator is not easy . like a plant taking roots that has gone too deep.

hopefully, time will help!
    it seems like you're really troubled kung unsa imung dapat tuhoan..hehehe
    if i may suggest, why don't you try the academic approach to your dilemma. you know, if you were to embrace a certain faith you gotta know the specifics first right? so treat it as a research or something. Do it for the love of knowledge. it'll be fun especially if you love reading..hehehe..you may wanna start with the religion that grew up with.

- - - Updated - - -

In general, I think there are only atheist, agnostic and the theist.
    so asa man nga category mu fall ang deism bro?

cause and effect @noy is exactly the same as the yin and yang where when you do good there is a good effect and when you do bad there would also be a negative reaction to your life. just like a good and bad karma, the balance of life. maybe mo explore ka sa Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIre View Post
    cause and effect @noy is exactly the same as the yin and yang where when you do good there is a good effect and when you do bad there would also be a negative reaction to your life. just like a good and bad karma, the balance of life. maybe mo explore ka sa Taoism
    hahaha adto nya ko sa Taoist temple mag tour guide ko. Lol
    OnT, Deism isn't something that's driven by religiosity or anything that relates to religion. it's just a belief in a creator with creation as proof for its claim and it stops right there.
    as for cause and effect, it is merely the process that a deist see that leads to a conclusion of the creator's existence. you know, similar to Aquinas' argument of the first cause in his attempt to prove god's existence philosophically. it's not something that a deist do or believe to be spiritual or something, it's just a natural phenomenon that's been in place since the inception of space and time.

Blog Entries
    @noy falls under theistic views. You are a theist who believe in a supreme being, a creator but does not intervene with it.

Pantheism - believes that all is God. Everything in the universe is God. More of an agnostic view or weak atheism.

@noy falls under theistic views. You are a theist who believe in a supreme being, a creator but does not intervene with it.

Pantheism - believes that all is God. Everything in the universe is God. More of an agnostic view or weak atheism.
    i see, but a theist by definition is someone who believes in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.
    a deist however, although believes in a creator but it doesn't believe that the creator is an intervening one.
    the distinction is pretty clear bai

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    i see, but a theist by definition is someone who believes in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.
    a deist however, although believes in a creator but it doesn't believe that the creator is an intervening one.
    the distinction is pretty clear bai
    No I don't think so bro. A theist by definition is one who believes in god or gods. Anyway, let's just not argue about this thing. I do find the distinction but in a whole sense its like creating a new religion. Thats why I would rather be agnostic, I just thought that my simple mind cannot really comprehend God but I can little by little discover how the universe works through science. And as of now it is the universe, the energy that composes the universe is sustaining my existence.

No I don't think so bro. A theist by definition is one who believes in god or gods. Anyway, let's just not argue about this thing. I do find the distinction but in a whole sense its like creating a new religion. Thats why I would rather be agnostic, I just thought that my simple mind cannot really comprehend God but I can little by little discover how the universe works through science. And as of now it is the universe, the energy that composes the universe is sustaining my existence.
    haha mao..walay argument bro oi.. istorya ra gud ning ato. on the contrary, Deism is a form of irreligion but in a much lighter sense lang. it doesn't promote anything religious.

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast