Lightbulb Art by Nikki Fernandez

I practice Zentangle Art Daily. Here I plan to post my finished works and work-in-progress along with my thoughts. If you also practice zentangle art please post your works here.

The titles in order descending:
    "Wild Love", "Wild Heart" and "Wild Idea"

These works came to me when I was concerned about my health and happiness and writing it in my journal. I then thought about nature and healing. Somehow I came up with these ideas.

Last edited by gamergirl921; 06-27-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Default Inking with a runny nose

My On-going WIP
    Flower Power (brown paper and purple pen)

Inking with a runny nose
    Today started well, I got up at 4:30am wrote in journal, meditated, did my chi gong and had a wonderful breakfast. I think from 8 am on wards it went a bit downhill. The sore throat turned into the runny nose, flu-like symptoms. By 12, I had horrible sinus headache, I had to take some meds and decided to sleep since I couldn't think straight. Four hours later , after drinking lots of fluids, a relieved headache and 1 eaten guava bud (filipino remedy) I feel soooooo much better. I got some work done on my drawing, tackled down making a t-shirt design for the resort I work for and now working on my daily post.

I listen to the Seanwes Podcast frequently and one of things Sean emphasizes on when making yourself known is by "showing up". Basically making an effort to be consistent on sharing and giving content. Now that I'm feeling better I am still committed to showing up. While inking I still had a bit of a runny nose but I can feel this 1-day flu is already on its way out. Thank God.

Ever since I've made a conscious effort for my health, happiness and art. I've gotten more sensitive to details. Just like every fine line I place on the paper and the meditative process of filling in a shape. Through heightened awareness I knew what my body needed: rest, water, good food and minimal medicine.
    It's been a week, my artwork has been getting more tedious by the minute but strangely I'm not even in a big rush to finish it. All I could think about is this flower still needs a dot here or more thickness in this line. I'm planning to frame my work in the future and possible draw bigger. Update you guys on tomorrow's thoughts and plans.

3.    Advertisement