Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • sure! why not?!

41 46.07%
  • no way!

48 53.93%
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    heheh sorry master, i missed to read the whole thing abi ko ang pasudlon sa simbahan.

ONT:it's very unusual to see priest/nuns that belongs to the third gender who will be there in front preaching us and in this country where majority is catholic i doubt they will agree.

Or maybe wala lang jud ta maanad?
    naa may daghan mga yotab na pari master sis.. tago lang na sila dli lantaran bah.

Against jd na sa doctrine to have a gay and lesbian priests/nuns... but then again if gay meaning sa lihok sa sulti ug diha ra tman , dli mang molest or patago na mo banat s3xually, then I guess why not.

Wala na sa anad master sis, gi dili jd na sa mga congregation o sa mga religion..hehehe kay basin mag slide2x ra na sila sa rainbow.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yhokz101 View Post
    So, are you ok or not? To have gays and lesbians in our (or their) churches?
    It's ok as long as they don't step down on people. If service is their calling, who are we to stop them? And who are we to judge them

But pastors like these should be sent to rehab

Jesus Wants Me to Have This Jet - The Daily Beast
    Last edited by Pringle; 04-28-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pringle View Post
    It's ok as long as don't step down on people. If service is their calling, who are we to stop them? And who are we to judge them
    I agree with you..

Now ain't that a b*tch.. LOL so easy to spot a wolf these days but still naa ghapon ma blind ni nila.

It's ok as long as don't step down on people. If service is their calling, who are we to stop them?
    all Christians are called to live a holy life. Men or women who does not act "naturally" go against God's created order and therefore, rebelling against God. You can't serve in the church if you rebel against God.

And who are we to judge them
    We don't need to judge them. The bible has said enough.

agree

No. But not because it is something I know to be against what is said in the Bible. I honestly am not that well versed in the bible.

My reason is the church is an institution that deals with families and other matters of societal values. It has to preserve its brand. The church should be conventional and conservative as much as possible as it has always been.

If gays and lesbians want to go to church then they can make their own church/religion. No one would protest against them on that. There is nothing illegal about it.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    all Christians are called to live a holy life. Men or women who does not act "naturally" go against God's created order and therefore, rebelling against God. You can't serve in the church if you rebel against God.

We don't need to judge them. The bible has said enough.
    How is it an act of rebellion? The last time I checked, a rebellion is an uprising. They aren't resisting or going against any commands. God nor the Bible never even specified that the clergy should be strictly composed of straight individuals. If my understanding is correct, the Bible talks against the homos*xual lifestyle. There's a difference between falling for the same s*x and sleeping with the same s*x, and I'm sure the Bible strictly talks about the latter (Leviticus 20:13).

If being gay is a sin, then what does that make of the straight community? Mind you, every man is sinful in their own ways and being in a third s*x doesn't make them any special, and ironically, its the very same sinners that are running the clergy.

The thing is, the Bible isn't capable of evolution like man and that's precisely why we have a clergy led by a Pope to cope up. Want to survive? You need to evolve. Primordial ideas tend to get washed out over time as man gains better understanding of the world around him. Several new factors come into play and it changes the result drastically. Care to know why America's tax system is very complicated? What would happen if it didn't evolve? Nganga both the government and the taxpayers.

How is it an act of rebellion? The last time I checked, a rebellion is an uprising. They aren't resisting or going against any commands. God nor the Bible never even specified that the clergy should be strictly composed of straight individuals. If my understanding is correct, the Bible talks against the homos*xual lifestyle. There's a difference between falling for the same s*x and sleeping with the same s*x, and I'm sure the Bible strictly talks about the latter (Leviticus 20:13).
    If a man "falls" for another man that is unnatural. That is not what God designed man to be. That is why it's rebellion. You're resisting God's created order.

If being gay is a sin, then what does that make of the straight community? Mind you, every man is sinful in their own ways and being in a third s*x doesn't make them any special, and ironically, its the very same sinners that are running the clergy.
    It's not about who's more sinful, the straight or the gay people. It's about living a holy life. A life that God has designed man for.

The thing is, the Bible isn't capable of evolution like man and that's precisely why we have a clergy led by a Pope to cope up. Want to survive? You need to evolve. Primordial ideas tend to get washed out over time as man gains better understanding of the world around him. Several new factors come into play and it changes the result drastically. Care to know why America's tax system is very complicated? What would happen if it didn't evolve? Nganga both the government and the taxpayers.
    The bible is the infallible word of God and it doesn't need evolution. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away". His words never change just as He never change.

It seems to me that you would rather have the bible, God's standard, adjust to the accepted standard of society instead of society conforming to the revealed standard of God. From a higher standard to a lower standard, and you call that "evolution"?
    Last edited by NapoleonBlownapart; 04-28-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Elite Member
    If a man "falls" for another man that is unnatural. That is not what God designed man to be. That is why it's rebellion. You're resisting God's created order.
    There is no created order. It all went kaboom when Adam and Eve ate the apple. Homos*xuality has been around for as long as God can remember. As long as we're tainted by humanity, we can only prove our worth to the true judge as to what we've done with our lives.

It's not about who's more sinful, the straight or the gay people. It's about living a holy life. A life that God has designed man for.
    There is no such thing as a holy life. A wholesome life, not a holy one. No one is holy around here. No one is free from sin. Only God is.

The bible is the infallible word of God and it doesn't need evolution. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away". His words never change just as He never change.
    Yes, and look at the Noble Qur'an and ISIS who lives by it literally. So much for evolution and infallibility. As they're both Holy Books, they surely share the same "never change and always right" theme. Probably time to rework on it to prevent more homicidal maniacs.

It seems to me that you would rather have the bible, God's standard, adjust to the accepted standard of society instead of society conforming to the revealed standard of God. From a higher standard to a lower standard, and you call that "evolution"?
    The Bible is the very foundation of what's socially acceptable, but there are cases when we have to make little changes. What are we going to do with all the homos*xuals on the planet? Stone them to death just because the Bible dissed them off in a line or two? I'd be laughing my ass off if a priest sees a gay person more worthy in the palace of Heaven than a natural person

There is no created order. It all went kaboom when Adam and Eve ate the apple. Homos*xuality has been around for as long as God can remember. As long as we're tainted by humanity, we can only prove our worth to the true judge as to what we've done with our lives.
    There is. God designed men to be men and also women to be women. It's not humanity that taints us. God made humanity and said it was good. Christ took part of humanity but was sinless. It is sin that tainted us. Because of Adam's disobedience, sin entered into the world and man became reprobates.

There is no such thing as a holy life. A wholesome life, not a holy one. No one is holy around here. No one is free from sin. Only God is.
    There is. If there was none then the "first Pope" wouldn't have called to live it. "As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”.

Does that mean Christian's no longer sins? NO, it means Christians must not live a lifestyle of sin but a lifestyle of obedience to God.

Yes, and look at the Noble Qur'an and ISIS who lives by it literally. So much for evolution and infallibility. As they're both Holy Books, they surely share the same "never change and always right" theme. Probably time to rework on it to prevent more homicidal maniacs.
    I don't know why you bring Qur'an to the discussion. Since when did it become a holy book for us Christians? When did we believe that the Qur'an is the word of God? You have a strange mix there brother. The Qur'an needs reworking, the bible does not.

The Bible is the very foundation of what's socially acceptable, but there are cases when we have to make little changes. What are we going to do with all the homos*xuals on the planet? Stone them to death just because the Bible dissed them off in a line or two? I'd be laughing my ass off if a priest sees a gay person more worthy in the palace of Heaven than a natural person
    The bible is the foundation of how Christians should live. If there's something that's "unacceptable" we're not going to change the bible but instead we change ourselves to conform to the bible. What are we going to do with all the homosexuals on the planet? Show to them the truth in the bible that their lifestyle is unacceptable to God. If they believe and change their lifestyle then good, thank God. Otherwise, they're in constant rebellion to God and is in danger of incurring God's wrath. We cannot change the bible for the sake of those people, it is those people that need to be changed to conform to the bible.

Elite Member
    There is. God designed men to be men and also women to be women. It's not humanity that taints us. God made humanity and said it was good. Christ took part of humanity but was sinless. It is sin that tainted us. Because of Adam's disobedience, sin entered into the world and man became reprobates.
    God said it was good, but humanity will always be less than Him, hence why we can't ever be like our Creator. Sin is essentially a part of of humanity concealed inconspicuously in the form of free will. God said they can do anything but eat from the fruit of a particular tree, in which they did anyway. Adam and Eve only incurred God's wrath. Did flooding the Earth free us of sin? The plagues? Where there is free will, there is sin.

There is. If there was none then the "first Pope" wouldn't have called to live it. "As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”.

Does that mean Christian's no longer sins? NO, it means Christians must not live a lifestyle of sin but a lifestyle of obedience to God.
    For sure, not everyone is going to be a Pope. Sin is, and always, inevitable. This is why we continually need to do good to tip the scales in our favor.

I know someone who committed premarital s*x with her boyfriend, yet she still helps the needy in more ways than one. She sinned, as the Bible suggests that s*x is for procreation and not recreation, but the people who know her, including me, still think she is a great person. But then again, who are we to judge her?

I don't know why you bring Qur'an to the discussion. Since when did it become a holy book for us Christians? When did we believe that the Qur'an is the word of God? You have a strange mix there brother. The Qur'an needs reworking, the bible does not.
    I was just pointing it out since they are both infallible. Obviously the Bible does not need reworking, but look at what happens when you don't "evolve". Evolution doesn't mean a drop in standards or a rework, but to reinforce. It's needed when the time comes. And with the current Pope, we'll probably see that.

The bible is the foundation of how Christians should live. If there's something that's "unacceptable" we're not going to change the bible but instead we change ourselves to conform to the bible. What are we going to do with all the homosexuals on the planet? Show to them the truth in the bible that their lifestyle is unacceptable to God. If they believe and change their lifestyle then good, thank God. Otherwise, they're in constant rebellion to God and is in danger of incurring God's wrath. We cannot change the bible for the sake of those people, it is those people that need to be changed to conform to the bible.
    The Bible is just a guide book on how to live our lives and the very foundation of what is acceptable to Christians. Besides, Jesus gave absolution and redemption to one of the two thieves who was nailed next to him, in which he would have gone straight to Hell because "Thou shalt not steal." Same thing for gays? I beg to differ.
    Last edited by Pringle; 05-03-2015 at 10:13 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast