• sure! why not?!

41 46.07%
  • no way!

48 53.93%
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tingkagol
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13 KJV)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans 1
    For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Corinthians 6
    Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
    The Bible is clearly against homosexuality. So I guess all the more for homosexual priests/nuns?

PS: I voted yes in the poll. I think gay people can do anything they want (including priesthood) as long as it's within the confines of the law.
    You just claimed being a homosexual is against the Bible (aka THE WORD OF GOD or THE LAW OF GOD) but it's ok for you to have a homosexual priest/nuns?
    Exactly. Let that sink in.
    I. Meant. Every. Word.

(I apologize for necroing this post from 2010, but had to reply.)
    Last edited by tingkagol; 04-23-2015 at 07:43 PM.

PS: I voted yes in the poll. I think gay people can do anything they want (including priesthood) as long as it's within the confines of the law.
    this is vague, you mean being gay in lifestyle but not through commiting an act of s3x may it be with same or opposite gender? Well, that's within the confinement of the law, as long as he is not lustful in his thoughts also (but who are we to judge).

Just to clarify, the term 'gay' is used to describe both homosexual men and lesbian women but has become particularly associated with homosexual men.

Gays and lesbian in Churches... who are we to judge them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by <SMILE> View Post
    Then how did you know that all gays did have s3x with the same gender? my contention is that even though they are born as such we could not say that they do commit the sin the same as us for we are born sinners. it is even a good gesture if they will serve the church for the church practices celibacy at the foremost.
    Born as such? That is really a question of nature versus nurture. There is no definitive answer that a person's sexual preference or orientation came "naturally" when they were born. ultimately, All of us are sinners or at the very least has the propensity to sin. That is unquestionable fact.

If the otherwise sexually oriented choose behave away from their anatomical gender, then that is their choice. They can choose to sin or not but that fact remains once you choose a sexual preference, it is safe to assume that one's preference for a sexual partner is one that is "defined" your preference.

Basta dili mang hilabot, they serve the Lord Jesus Christ our God, and try to lead a good clean life, then it should not be a problem. But they must be prepared to face the consequences of their choice. They must accept that they will face, for lack of a better term, persecution because they chose to be different from the rest of the flock. Anyone who has veered away from convention have accepted their choice and stood proud to defend it. The earliest example I can think of would be Jesus himself. He chose to expose the Pharisees and the Sadducee for who they really are. BUT, there is retribution if one has sinned, that is why in the Catholic Church there is the Sacrament of Reconciliation. God knows man is prone to sin and repeat it even so he knew how to get them back into the path of righteousness once again.

Yes, pwede sila mag simba sa simbahan. They can serve the Lord. No one is deprived of the right to do that. It's just man have their own prejudices and as much as they try to not judge a man, they can't help but to do exactly that. They have to be reasonable that not all men have totally evolved to accept those who are "different". So, ay'g ka suko. Just accept it,and move on to another church that will accept you for who you are. end of story.

OT: I am proud to declare that I am Catholic. I cannot speak for those who choose to believe in the "right God" as it were. There are some radical protestants, born again christians and what have you who take the literally word of God too, LITERALLY. At the end of the day, we all worship the same God. I have met Christians(I use the word Christian loosely because some believe that Catholics are not Christian), from at least 3 countries and I have to say, those I have met are not the uber radical Christians we have here in the Philippines who despise and ridicule the Catholic Faith. Just goes to show that how Religion is ingrained in us is very important because it will some day serve as the foundation of HOW we share and spread the word of God.
    Last edited by james_chaw; 04-23-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james_chaw View Post
    Born as such? That is really a question of nature versus nurture. There is no definitive answer that a person's sexual preference or orientation came "naturally" when they were born. ultimately, All of us are sinners or at the very least has the propensity to sin. That is unquestionable fact.

If the otherwise sexually oriented choose behave away from their anatomical gender, then that is their choice. They can choose to sin or not but that fact remains once you choose a sexual preference, it is safe to assume that one's preference for a sexual partner is one that is "defined" your preference.

Basta dili mang hilabot, they serve the Lord Jesus Christ our God, and try to lead a good clean life, then it should not be a problem. But they must be prepared to face the consequences of their choice. They must accept that they will face, for lack of a better term, persecution because they chose to be different from the rest of the flock. Anyone who has veered away from convention have accepted their choice and stood proud to defend it. The earliest example I can think of would be Jesus himself. He chose to expose the Pharisees and the Sadducee for who they really are. BUT, there is retribution if one has sinned, that is why in the Catholic Church there is the Sacrament of Reconciliation. God knows man is prone to sin and repeat it even so he knew how to get them back into the path of righteousness once again.

Yes, pwede sila mag simba sa simbahan. They can serve the Lord. No one is deprived of the right to do that. It's just man have their own prejudices and as much as they try to not judge a man, they can't help but to do exactly that. They have to be reasonable that not all men have totally evolved to accept those who are "different". So, ay'g ka suko. Just accept it,and move on to another church that will accept you for who you are. end of story.

OT: I am proud to declare that I am Catholic. I cannot speak for those who choose to believe in the "right God" as it were. There are some radical protestants, born again christians and what have you who take the literally word of God too, LITERALLY. At the end of the day, we all worship the same God. I have met Christians(I use the word Christian loosely because some believe that Catholics are not Christian), from at least 3 countries and I have to say, those I have met are not the uber radical Christians we have here in the Philippines who despise and ridicule the Catholic Faith. Just goes to show that how Religion is ingrained in us is very important because it will some day serve as the foundation of HOW we share and spread the word of God.
    Whether the influence is by nature as always it boils down towards mentality which is dictated by the genetic make-up. We exist and formed our lives because of our genetic blueprint. But as long as they will not practice in mind and in deeds in what they are through abstinence and self control then they do have a good chance to be saved. In doing such they are no different compared to us in sinning, lack of money too much want of something but does not have the capacity to have, so on and so forth, thus the instigation to acquire through ungodly and unlawful force would be there. Sinning through murder, robbery etc. is the same as sinning in practicing of being a gay as a whole a part of GOD's prohibition. I could say a gender should be exempted to be used as a basis if sinning is to be deliberated it should be based upon how one thinks,speaks, and behaves.

Homosexuality is a perversion of God-created natural order. If a man acts like a woman because he "feels" like a woman or a woman acts like a man because she "feels" she's a man, that's an open rebellion to God.

Quote Originally Posted by potterboy View Post
    should the church allow gays and lesbians to be ordained as priests and/or nuns?

NOW HERE'S SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT.

pro's and con's... shell out what u think.
    we should welcome them whoever they are, even Jesus accepted and befriended tax collectors which was once regarded on their time as the most sinful profession

we should accept them because it will be an opportunity that they will know more about Jesus and hopefully accept them as their Lord and Savior, promote to them about having a relationship to Him, and God will do the rest in changing their habits and personality
    Last edited by rics zalved; 04-28-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rics zalved View Post
    we should welcome them whoever they are, even Jesus accepted and befriended tax collectors which was once regarded on their time as the most sinful profession

we should accept them because it will be an opportunity that they will know more about Jesus and hopefully accept them as their Lord and Savior, promote to them about having a relationship to Him, and God will do the rest in changing their habits and personality
    murag mureact jud ko ani bro hehe.. before cguro sila iaccept as servants of the Church.. much better mag-usab or magbag-o sa cguro sila as a true man and woman before sila musulod... just my2cents

The resolution of the this issue is so clear and obvious. Treat the Roman Catholic Church as a private entity, entitled to its rules and regulations. If it doesnt allow gays n lesbians, then it must be respected wIthout any challenge. If you're not happy or disagree with it, then leave... as for salvation, thats between you and your belief regardless of religious organization. Just build your own religion, gays n lesbians, then you would be entitled to your rules n regulations.
    Last edited by emow; 04-28-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    The resolution of the this issue is so clear and obvious. Treat the Roman Catholic Church as a private entity, entitled to its rules and regulations. If it doesnt allow gays n lesbians, then it must be respected wIthout any challenge. If you're u happy or disagree with it, then leave... as for salvation, thats between you and your belief regardless of religious organization. Just build your own religion, gays n lesbians, then you would be entitled to your rules n regulations.
    dah! hehe.............

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emow View Post
    The resolution of the this issue is so clear and obvious. Treat the Roman Catholic Church as a private entity, entitled to its rules and regulations. If it doesnt allow gays n lesbians, then it must be respected wIthout any challenge. If you're not happy or disagree with it, then leave... as for salvation, thats between you and your belief regardless of religious organization. Just build your own religion, gays n lesbians, then you would be entitled to your rules n regulations.
    Iglesia ni Maria: Welcome ang mga third *** og diretso sila punta sa Langit, basta magdonate lang og 20% sa ilang total income monthly...
    Last edited by Pringle; 04-28-2015 at 11:32 AM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast