Page 59 of 134 FirstFirst ... 495657585960616269 ... LastLast

Default Re: friends with benefits

Quote Originally Posted by lintanks View Post
    I went through the various discussions and appreciate the various nuances of friends with benefits.

However, I can empathize with the TS because I have been through it myself. And STILL AM. I am a machoman. But the rules of the game is very simple. How liberated are we prior to and during the relationship?

Friends with benefits abound here in the city. But they are very discrete. It is safe (health wise and reputation wise) and mature. Are we there to quel boredom? Are we together to dichotomize what ails humanity? Are we together just because we somehow just get together fine? Are we there for release some pent up emotional feelings which we just can not expound with regular guys? And or for the mutual appreciation of each other as persons? Nota bene. We treat each other as a person with emotions and intelligence; and we are together because our companionship somehow enhances or mutually complements both of us.

I am a sportsman. I love the outdoors. I go on long trips with my friends and enjoy each other's company. I go out of town trips. Back to nature kind of trips. I got the wheels and werewithals to travel far and wide. Whatever resulting activities that may bear out from it is our mutual bonus.

Please don't get me wrong. I do not go out with just any casual acquaintances. She should be somebody interesting and worth my time to spend with. We can have dinner, sip wine, go clubbing or disco dancing, listen of good music in hotel lobbies..... or just chat the night away in some hills in the city. What is of utmost importance is the company must be interesting and I must also be interesting to her to be worth her while.

And lastly and it can not be over emphasized, this relationship must be only for the matured and the emotionally stable.

Just my 2 cents worth.....
    THough well-said, regretfully, we are all humans capable to fall inlove, get hurt.
    I doubt for emotional stability at all in these kinds of relationships.
    I think it is just cowardice and selfishness for both parties who agreed into it.
    If this is going on rampantly and accepted as the "in" thing in society then it just purely sad and evil.

gomacygo

Everyone says that LOVE hurts, but that's not TRUE.. LONELINESS hurts, REJEcTION hurts, LOSING SOMEONE hurts.. But we tend to confuse these things with LOVE.. But in reality, LOVE is the only thing that HEALS all these things and make us feel WONDERFUL again..

FWB is never for emotional stability but (mostly) temporary companionship of two people who are lonely, hurt, or still emotionally recovering from a past failed relationship.. they simply try to meet each other's physical need (this is human nature) without wanting to invest much emotions or even be called a "rebound" for the other.

coward and selfish? yes.. Human as we are, we tend to be coward of getting hurt and selfish enough to crave for something we do not have.. but this is part of our instinct.. this is for SURVIVAL..

the world itself is sad and evil.. we are a part of this world.. sad truth ... but it's REALITY..

mu suway nya ko ug evil. ^^

evil evil naman ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mald|3Ta View Post
    evil evil naman ni
    lami man kuno ni nga evil. ^^

Basta kahibaw lang ka sa imung gisudlan... gawas lang sad dayon. Sudgawas. ingon ana.

nindot ni na friend ky naay benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by markykoi View Post
    lami man kuno ni nga evil. ^^

Basta kahibaw lang ka sa imung gisudlan... gawas lang sad dayon. Sudgawas. ingon ana.
    ai oo kahibaw man ko ani....sauna pa :P

Quote Originally Posted by gomacygo View Post
    THough well-said, regretfully, we are all humans capable to fall inlove, get hurt.
    I doubt for emotional stability at all in these kinds of relationships.
    I think it is just cowardice and selfishness for both parties who agreed into it.
    If this is going on rampantly and accepted as the "in" thing in society then it just purely sad and evil.

gomacygo
    Agree. But if it blossoms into something, then that will be beautiful.

I am not endorsing any kind of a platonic kind of a relationship. It must be matured and responsible. Otherwise, we just degrade into something less than succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by cishmie_angel View Post
    Everyone says that LOVE hurts, but that's not TRUE.. LONELINESS hurts, REJEcTION hurts, LOSING SOMEONE hurts.. But we tend to confuse these things with LOVE.. But in reality, LOVE is the only thing that HEALS all these things and make us feel WONDERFUL again..

FWB is never for emotional stability but (mostly) temporary companionship of two people who are lonely, hurt, or still emotionally recovering from a past failed relationship.. they simply try to meet each other's physical need (this is human nature) without wanting to invest much emotions or even be called a "rebound" for the other.

coward and selfish? yes.. Human as we are, we tend to be coward of getting hurt and selfish enough to crave for something we do not have.. but this is part of our instinct.. this is for SURVIVAL..

the world itself is sad and evil.. we are a part of this world.. sad truth ... but it's REALITY..
    Agree ko ani. I am with you all the way.

No risk taking, no glory. No pain, no gain.

We need to make steps to move forward. We can not just be tumbleweeds..... subjected to the whim and vicissituded of the times.

Best regards to a mature mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mald|3Ta View Post
    ai oo kahibaw man ko ani....sauna pa :P
    Asa ani mam ang sudgawas? hahaha peace.

Bitaw, dili jud ni pwede sa mga hilig ug fairytale or koreanovela like nga panghunahuna. ang nindot nga tambag ani kay "AY'G PA DA!!" hahaha

11.    Advertisement