Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II

Quote Originally Posted by geff_chang View Post
    Asa gani ka ni palit bai EarlZ? Sa Samsung Ayala?
    So na testingan na to nimo tanan units? Hehe.
    SM Aerophones, Wala ko ka testing tanan store or tanan units but I've been to a lot and the severity of the yellow tinting really differs from unit to unit.

btw with regards sa SGP unsa nay update sir? ^^ I'll will recieve my sii ugma ehhe

@ geff chang

unsa na case imoha gi palit? case mate?

Quote Originally Posted by r3cca View Post
    btw with regards sa SGP unsa nay update sir? ^^ I'll will recieve my sii ugma ehhe
    Nag huwat pako ug stock sa akong supplier, they told me July 10-11. Until then nothing much I can really do.

nice.. what about sa case.. kanang barely there na casemate naa sad ka supplier ana sir..?

Quote Originally Posted by r3cca View Post
    nice.. what about sa case.. kanang barely there na casemate naa sad ka supplier ana sir..?
    Ako pa tanawon ang quality if nindot ba gyud ang case-mate, maabot akong first and only stock morag 10days from now.

EDIT:

Nag atang sa thread:
    EarlZ, r3cca, gsirk, markyap, geff_chang, trueblood
    Last edited by EarlZ; 07-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.

With a LOT of thread reading at XDA(120+ pages) and a few pages in Engadget heres my personal take on the yellow tinting issue.

WARNING: LONG WALL OF TEXT

All units are possibly affected, I have yet to see a picture of a unit with the dropped notification that does not have even the slightest hint of this issue, everyone in XDA or Engadget with this "perfect" screens just dont happen to have any cameras with them, this unable to add to the data/discussion.

Severity of the yellow tint varies widely from unit, the effects may or may not be amplified by taking a photo but taking one actually proves that the issue is there.

Some may perceive this as the left side is a bit darker than the right side.

Initially this issue was assumed to exist only in special conditions like
    1.) Low ambient light / type of lights used
    2.) Screen brightness is lower than 30%
    3.) Grey Images
    4.) Total darkness in the room

As the number of users increased more and more people started to notice this EVEN w/o knowing such issue is a wide spread in gadget sites, the conditions above actually hold true, but not for everyone.

Some phones are severely affected that even upto a brightness level of 100% its entirely visible.

Depending on the severity of the issue, it can affect your daily usage or just plainly annoy you.

May it be gaming/web browsing or movie, this will have different effects on the user. I personally watch a lot of movies/series on my phone and at certain scenarios this issue becomes annoying or eye catching.

This issue is also visible on the stock SGS2 virtual keyboard and other white colored images.

Does this stop me from using my phone regularly? No but it annoys the hell out of me at times.

I understand that expectations are personal and would greatly vary from person to person and if something does not meet our expectations we normally find ways to rectify it. Im not forcing my expectation to anyone else but a premium phone like this with its price tag should not have this kind of an issue with its screen at least, there are several other screen issues like a strong red tint on the entire screen or a strong color shift of blues/green when the screen is viewed from angles (not extreme angles) these 2 other issues are not in all units, so careful inspection can go a long way for this.

Is this is deal breaker for me? Nope, certainly not but I would love for samsung to have this issue fixed in the future as this is one awesome phone despite its flaws.
    I would still recommend this phone to anyone but check for the screen before buying if its acceptable then go for it.
    Last edited by EarlZ; 07-05-2011 at 01:54 AM.

If its possible take it at an angle similar to this

w/o the stock screen cover.
    This picture above has a VERY VERY good screen, tinting is extremely minimal just like the other stock i saw in Aerophones SM.

Heres a shot of my first unit

even at this kind of angle, the yellow tinting is visible..
    check the bottom of the notification tray as a hint.
    Last edited by EarlZ; 07-05-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: added clickable image links

affected pud akoa unit da.
    paeta pud karon ra bya unta nako g palit.huhu

boss earlzwede pa ba ni pa ilisan directly sa cellpod?adto ko nkapalit sa sm ani gud.factory defect ni diba?

11.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast