Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Davao has taken the lead in 2005 vigilante killings

Update:

Davao City: 32 killings as of January 25, 2005.
    Cebu: 20 vigilante-killings as of January 25, 2005.

-------------

Cebu as of Jan. 17, 2005 --> 18 killings
    Davao as of Jan. 17, 2005 --> 24 killings

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/dav...igilantes.html

should we be proud about it??

and that didn't make davao crime-free. they've done it for long now, but they have not gotten rid of the crimes altogether. it just means it's not the solution to the problem. the list will just go on and on...
    the case for cebu city won't be any different...

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Sort of like trying to hit a fly on a table with a bat. You might hit the fly, and you might miss it, either way, you ruin the table.

Blog Entries

its so sad to hear that news but at the same time malipay sad ka kay nakuhaan naman ang mga "dautan"

Update:

Davao City: 26 killings as of January 19, 2005.
    Cebu: 18 vigilante-killings as of January 14, 2005.

>>>>>>>>

Rehab graduate is 26th victim
    By Joy G. Romares

A TAXICAB driver, who was just recently released from a drug rehabilitation center, was killed by suspected vigilantes in Juna Subdivision, Matina, Davao City, Tuesday morning.

Joel Castro, 38, taxi driver, father of two and resident of Durian Street, Juna Subdivision, was killed by an unknown gunman.

Castro was just walking along Durian Street at around 8 a.m. just a few meters away from a store owned by one Boy Celis when a lone gunman approached him and shot him in the head without provocation.

The suspect, witnesses said, ran towards a waiting motorcycle and sped off.

Two empty shells of caliber .45 pistol were recovered at scene of crime by the Talomo police and Scene of the Crime Operation.

It was learned that Castro was just released from a drug rehabilitation center in Tagum City.

A neighbor who refused to be identified said Castro volunteered to undergo rehabilitation last year in Tagum.

On Monday morning, one Ramir Caballes, of legal age, was shot by an unidentified man in Malagamot, Panacan.

Caballes was driving his motorcycle with his wife in Malagamot at around 11 a.m. when the incident happened.

Caballes is in critical condition at the Davao Doctors Hospital.

SPO2 Antonio Diagbel of the Sasa police precinct said that the suspect, who was supposed to fire his second shot ran away after seeing Caballes' face.

Caballes, who was a machine operator at the Philippine Japan Active Carbon, a charcoal company in Malagamot, Panacan, has no police record, Diagbel said.

Quote Originally Posted by off^tangent
    and that didn't make davao crime-free. they've done it for long now, but they have not gotten rid of the crimes altogether. it just means it's not the solution to the problem. the list will just go on and on...
    the case for cebu city won't be any different...
    went to davao and everybody there is texting even on jeepneys and on what looks like an unfriendly neighborhood... haven't seen people jay walked, haven't seen cars parking on a no parking area.... i think they're doin something good over there...

no system can completely eliminate crime. even god himself wasn't able to stop adam and eve from doin a crime in his own turf... how much more kita?

kinahanglan lang gyud ma minimize... like sa davao... suway mu adto... then i compare diri sa cebu then post dayon mu diri.

a friend of mine has been shot by a snatcher, my brother was held up twice @ gun point. if i only have a gun and access to information... i'm goin after those bastards myself w/ or w/o bounty...

my officemate lost his cellphone (3310) around 11am today to the "laglag barya" scheme. he and his gf were aboard a talamban jeepney and somewhere in banilad, 4 guys boarded their ride. he was aware that his cellphone was being experly whisked out of his pocket but since he's with his gf, he just controlled his anger and let the damn incident go... about 800 meters later, the 4 guys disembarked near tesda... my officemate just gave them the "finger" when the jeepney moved on...

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

went to davao and everybody there is texting even on jeepneys and on what looks like an unfriendly neighborhood... haven't seen people jay walked, haven't seen cars parking on a no parking area.... i think they're doin something good over there...
    Does that mean people who jaywalk, park in no parking zones, and snatch phones get killed in Davao? They must not believe in punishment to fit the crime. There is no correlation whatsoever between petty violations and the vigilante killings.

Quote Originally Posted by finepix
    my officemate lost his cellphone (3310) around 11am today to the "laglag barya" scheme. he and his gf were aboard a talamban jeepney and somewhere in banilad, 4 guys boarded their ride. he was aware that his cellphone was being experly whisked out of his pocket but since he's with his gf, he just controlled his anger and let the damn incident go... about 800 meters later, the 4 guys disembarked near tesda... my officemate just gave them the "finger" when the jeepney moved on...
    Tell your officemate to file a report to the nearest police station. A sketch of the face, height, weight, and body build. The time of the incident. Cell phones can be tracked. Request a copy of the report for claims purposes and for evidence in case he happens to see his phone being use by other person.

what is the price for a 3310 in cebu?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast