Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Breastfeeding advice

im not sure if this is the right thread but i would just like to ask what are other ways so i can produce more breast milk for my newly born? i already tried kinhason and gata with kalabasa.... what are your other suggestions?

Default Re: Breastfeeding advice

Quote Originally Posted by mom_in_cebu View Post
    im not sure if this is the right thread but i would just like to ask what are other ways so i can produce more breast milk for my newly born? i already tried kinhason and gata with kalabasa.... what are your other suggestions?
    higop daghan sabaw.. pero ang pinaka important kay NEVER give up.. supplement when needed, but don't stop offering your breast jud.. also, pump when your baby is not feeding para more stimulation.. ako it took me 2-3 days for my milk to come in, but wala jud ko nigive up bahala sakit.. nya karon, 8 months later, ga pure breastfeeding pa gihapon ko..

additional lang.. for your own comfort, ipa latch on properly ang baby, put lanolin cream, don't wash with soap (water only), switch between breasts para dli ma-full ang isa..

@reginakrys: thanks kaau sis sa imong advice... this really helps.. nahan na jud ko mu give up kai hinay jud kaau akong breast milk... huhuh...

any more tips and suggestions?

ayaw sa pag-diet2, eat healthy and regularly...

A lactation consultant once told me to take Brewer's Yeast.

Blog Entries

Keep feeding your baby with your milk...as per my wife's doctor before, it will naturally produce more if the baby is being fed with it regularly...eat lang jud ka dapat healthy foods...preferably soups and leafy vegetables...

Mommy, buy yourself a BREAST PUMP! The more frequent you PUMP your breast, the more frequent it gets stimulated, the MORE MILK it produces! And ayaw sah pag DIET kay anyway, and BREASTFEEDING is already going to help you SHED OFF that baby weight!

Drink MILK, JUICE or any liquids as long as it is healthy! THe more LIQUIDS you drink, the more man sad na maka produce ka ug MILK!

LAST RESORT NIMO is take DOMPERIDONE!

Domperidone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It stimulates lactation and it helps in your defecation! hehehe Good luck!

kamunggay. A lot swears to its production powers.

sis sa ako 1st baby kay wala jd milk nigawas..i was so desperate (tried sabaw every meal,eat kamunggay and all)
    ang naka pagawas ra jd sa ako milk sa kay papaya fruit..honest..kanang ripe papaya fruit..

Increasing Supply When Breastfeeding

To achieve the strongest milk supply possible, it is essential that you:

Breastfeed or pump at least 8 to 12 times a day
    If it has been a while since your baby was at the breast, it will take a lot of loving persistence and consistency. With patience, your baby should find his way back to breastfeeding comfortably. If the baby is having trouble latching on, you may need a refresher in positioning and latch techniques.

Offer both breasts at every feeding
    Avoid timing your feedings. Instead, wait until the baby comes off the breast himself, then switch to the other side. This will ensure that the baby is getting the proper balance of foremilk and hindmilk.

Utilize breast compression
    This will help the milk flow better and encourage the baby to continue feeding.

Avoid artificial nipples

Any time the baby needs either food or simple comfort, the breast should be the first choice.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast