History - iSTORYA.NET
    • Published on 09-09-2015 01:00 PM  Number of Views: 199 

The Cebu province commemorates the birthday of Sergio Osmena every 9th of September. For those who are not familiar with him, Sergio was the second president in the Philippine Commonwealth Government and the founder of the Nacionalista Party. He became known to be a prominent figure in the fight for ...
      Published on 05-13-2015 04:00 PM  Number of Views: 1372 

During the time of Apolinario Mabini, the small town of Pandacan was called “Little Venice,” because it was surrounded by clear-running estuaries coming from the Pasig River. Writers noted the breathtaking scenery of the town, full of “luxuriant flower and vegetable gardens, fertile rice and corn fields.” ...
      Published on 05-11-2015 11:00 AM  Number of Views: 982 

May 11 is the 20th death anniversary of Jose T. Joya, National Artist for Visual Arts.

"Jose T. Joya is a painter and multimedia artist who distinguished himself by creating an authentic Filipino abstract idiom that transcended foreign influences. Most of Joya’s paintings of harmonious ...
      Published on 04-09-2015 10:30 AM  Number of Views: 9534 

Today, we celebrate Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valour). But, do you have any idea what this day commemorates? Aside from this is an extension of the long holiday, we must also bear in mind that this is a holiday for a reason.

Radio broadcast message, as written by Captain ...
      Published on 06-18-2012 11:45 PM  Number of Views: 8999 

I started as practitioner on the art of “Eskrima”, the indigenous Filipino Martial Art more or less 17 years as of my counting. As I advanced, I also learned the richness of its culture based on the different stories of its origin, where their authenticity needs to be verified.

My first ...
      Published on 06-12-2012 02:28 PM  Number of Views: 4906 

Freedom Thoughts
      We all know the story. Probably we memorized the facts on this day--for most ,in mind, for a few, in heart. It was bloody. It was fought for. However, we can't help but wonder-- if our forefathers could witness the Philippines' situation now, would they be proud? Would they say ...
      Published on 04-27-2012 09:35 PM  Number of Views: 9044 

Kadaugan sa Mactan has been recounted a lot of times through a dramatic skit played by famous actors/actresses every April 27 (a special Holiday in Lapu-Lapu City) at the Mactan Shrine shores where it was believed to have transpired. But what really happened there, exactly? Let's look back at the actual ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us