sonicwall vs juniper firewall - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sonicwall vs juniper firewall

This is a discussion on sonicwall vs juniper firewall within the Networking & Internet forums, part of the Science & Technology category;

Quote Originally Posted by r0mm3L View Post
    i dont know about sonicwall but watchguard is trazh!
    Can you elaborate why you said watchguard is "trazh"... ?? Have you tried using it or just a opinion?

They all have Pros and Cons... it really depends on the endusers requirement on what they need specifically in the UTM or XTM firewall functionality, and how it is positioned to the end-user as a solution.

I have some documents here, that can distinguish the three send me PM for your contact numbers so we can talk cant place it here...

Firewall Distributor in the philippines

Sonicwall--> MEC Just opened there office this Year
    Juniper--> Comstor and Ingram Micro No precense in Cebu only sub distributors
    Watchguard --> Lamco with Cebu presence since 1990's
    Fortinet--> Lamco
    Astaro --> No distributor in Phils, resellers get there supplies in singapore
    Last edited by presidente; 06-21-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: more information

been using untangle also since ver 5.0..easy to install lng pero limitd man kung free version..wala man xa ug groupings oie.

Quote Originally Posted by darkensi View Post
    been using untangle also since ver 5.0..easy to install lng pero limitd man kung free version..wala man xa ug groupings oie.

OK ranang FREE version nga Untangle og Hobbyist ka, Home User for protection. Twelve ka applications namely Web Filter, Virus Blocker, SPAM Blocker, Ad Blocker, Attack Blocker, Spyware Blocker, Phish Blocker, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention, Protocol Control, Open VPN og Report is not bad. Ug business owner ka palit nakas Paid Apps for business protection nimo og para maka leverage kas Microsoft Active Directory server para mo simplify sa imong policy management og reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by presidente View Post
    Can you elaborate why you said watchguard is "trazh"... ?? Have you tried using it or just a opinion?

They all have Pros and Cons... it really depends on the endusers requirement on what they need specifically in the UTM or XTM firewall functionality, and how it is positioned to the end-user as a solution.

I have some documents here, that can distinguish the three send me PM for your contact numbers so we can talk cant place it here...

Firewall Distributor in the philippines

Sonicwall--> MEC Just opened there office this Year
    Juniper--> Comstor and Ingram Micro No precense in Cebu only sub distributors
    Watchguard --> Lamco with Cebu presence since 1990's
    Fortinet--> Lamco
    Astaro --> No distributor in Phils, resellers get there supplies in singapore
    ASTARO-isecure network philippines
    I think you wrong ngkhai are the one of the resellers here in cebu--- research first before act...

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    ASTARO-isecure network philippines
    I think you wrong ngkhai are the one of the resellers here in cebu--- research first before act...

I stand corrected, your right, but its not only ngkhai who sells astaro in cebu... there are a lot of resellers here for astaro.

Have you tried using it.. boss you sounds like you know a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by presidente View Post
    I stand corrected, your right, but its not only ngkhai who sells astaro in cebu... there are a lot of resellers here for astaro.

Have you tried using it.. boss you sounds like you know a lot?
    yap you right but for what i know only AMTI and Ngkhai are reseller here in cebu, and isecure manila.. lets we say im able 2 attend a training held in manila...

you guys should see this

Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls

president, me and our client have a bad experience with watchguard.

hmmm i guess i know the client that your pertaining to.. does the enduser name starting with "P", if im right you have an ironport installed there...
    Last edited by presidente; 06-24-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

P? primary structures? do they have watchguard? i didnt know that. i am referring to "G" not "P"

the vendor of their watchguard is in manila

simple ra ako requirements, access will be based on Active Directory groups. no proxying, dont want to assign any proxy settings sa browser and access must be transparent. simple pa ba nah? please recommend appliance. so far, i think this is doable by sonicwall but have to test pa. if naa naka suway diha, please comment. thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast