WARHAMMER FANTASY & 40K - Page 3
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

WARHAMMER FANTASY & 40K

This is a discussion on WARHAMMER FANTASY & 40K within the Hobbies & Crafts forums, part of the Sports & Recreation category;

Default Re: WARHAMMER FANTASY & 40K

Remember to scrape off the dried cement and excess paint on the round part of the torso before you glue the legs to it. The paint is looking a tiny bit thick on the small thrusters of the backpack but I think the Ultramarine Blue should fix it. If you can find Pledge Wipe and Shine then dilute it 3 to 4 parts with water [3-4 parts PW&S, 2-1 part water], mix it with your paint like you would plain water. That will act as a flow improver and will dry to a more durable finish.

Cheers!

C.I.A.

@jumps: Yeah, I've read about techniques to make the paint flow better (liquid soap?). Where can I find Pledge Wipe and Shine?

Btw, I saw you in Escario just this morning near Blue Angels KTV bar (not saying you went there, he he).

By the way, any recommendation what WH40K painting forums I should be visiting to see semi-pro/pro tutorials?

Hehehe. You can find Pledge Wipe and Shine in most big grocery stores. On the subject of painting tutorials, I highly recommend coolminiornot.com's articles and those found on these sites:
    Hirst Arts Painting Instructions Page 1
    The Clinic
    How to blend by olliekickflip - Reaper Message Board
    Miniatures Painting Guide and FAQ

Happy painting!

Cheers!

C.I.A.

@jumps: Thanks for the links.

---

I don't know exactly what happened. The Ultramarine Blue layer was ok but after I applied Badab Black wash, the paint seemed ruined or is it supposed to look like this after a wash?

Epic fail on the purity seal T_T

Oh, this was painted with Vallejo's and it's unlike Citadel. It's too thick and need to be thinned but as you can see it's too late when I found out.

I just hope that like my Gunpla, I'd improve a bit within a year. I bought Foundry Miniatures Painting & Modelling Guide and I'll read it along with jump's suggested links after I finish this Space Marine and just absorb some theories before I apply them.

I also hope I can strip the paint off these easily and start all over again. Simple Green?

---

@cmontoya: wow! very busy with minis now, eh? kanindut! kuan, i got your sms, the items will be shipped next week. sorry kaau. but kaila raman ko and sa manila raman so, dali ra. i hope okay ra nimu. the seller is still waiting for some other buyers outside luzon, so mao to.

C.I.A.

@ground: Testing ra. Ako sa ni humanon maski edge highlights then after a few days ako i-strip kung makakita ko technique unsaon pagtangtang pintal safely. Dili man daw pwede acetone or break fluid kay mas humok plastic ani nila kumpara Gunpra. Mag-basa sa ko theory pareha gibuhat nako sa Gunpra tung una before ko attempt balik pintal.

(OT) About the figure holder, ok ra. I thought man gud wala nimo gipadayun kay nahibulung ko wala paka nag-text up to Friday

After diay ani Gunpra mode napud ko. Will custom repaint 1/144 RX-78-2 with a different color kay puol na red, white, blue, yellow

C.I.A.

@jumps: Found pledge wipe & shine in Robinsons

Same ratios for metallic paint, e.g., Shining Gold?

I also assume I don't need to mix this with washes.

I plan to pre-mix this with water and just use said mixture later. I didn't continue highlighting the Space Marine but immersed it in rubbing alcohol. I'll rinse the paint off tomorrow after 24 hours. If that doesn't work, I'll get Simple Green from TruValue. I read that Pine-Sol would destroy the plastic. Available unta sa Robinsons pud.

---

Oh yeah, now I'm a Simple Green believer. I hope TruValue has this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7TulF__iqk

---
    Last edited by cmontoya; 03-06-2011 at 12:33 PM.

A wash is supposed to be applied in a liberal or controlled manner [only in the crevices]. It loos like you did a mixture of both. For washes, it's usually better to use a wash in the same color. Not bad for your first WH40k mini though.

The wipe and shine can be used in the same ratio with any paint. Just make sure the layer is dry before you paint a new one. Wipe and shine is a bit tricky because it can partly dissolve uncured paint. This is why some modelers use it in wet blending, glazing and layering.

Cheers!
    Last edited by jumps_zilla; 03-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.

C.I.A.

@jumps: Thanks for the encouragement but I'll strip it and repaint it. My impatience got the better of me (again).

---

Cross posting ...

Woot! I now have a safe (to both my health and kits) paint stripper.

Stripping and repainting is always a good thing to do. Just don't do it after you've painted a hundred minis and repaint them all.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast