Restaurant Reviews - Page 108
Page 108 of 246 FirstFirst ... 98105106107108109110111118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2456
Like Tree135Likes

Restaurant Reviews

This is a discussion on Restaurant Reviews within the Food & Dining forums, part of the Life & Leisure category;

D40

wrong forum. open a thread for this pizzeria. Isnt this NOT ALLOWED? This is advertising. And that's your first post??

sad to tell you all istoryans but kinahanglan nako i share amo experience, with Mana's Sutukil Restaurant.... sayang lang wala nako nakuhai pic., they served special mango shake..sos, suddenly tingaa nako sa Japanese nga ako amigo/amiga murag dunay problema... ohhhhh....they found "LANGAW" mix into the shake.. embarrassing.
    Before duna ko kaila introduce gyud nako diha.pero karon.sa lain nalang nga Seafoods restaurant.. rating from 1 to 5?
    .009% ako rate sa ila...
    Dili pa gyud consistent ilang prices, especially kon duna ka foreigner kuyog...

Asa ni cya dapit ang Mana's Sutukil Restaurant?

how can i join your diners club?? ganahan ko mo try ug lain2 eating place dre sa cebu. hehehe... paapila ko bi?

@kamikaze426

Yep,,,diha sa mactan...from that time.. di na nako dad-on ako mga kaila ngadto...ummm..even restaurants there in mactan,,,

Default The Gustavian at Marina Mall

The Gustavian at Marina Mall

We passed by today and saw their "Soft Opening" sign so we decided to order.
    The menu is still quite limited about 6 choices for starters, 3 for soups, 3 for salads and about 12 or so for the main course (this is just an estimates as well as the prices I'd put).

I ordered the Chateau Briand (475.00) and my wife ordered the Salmon Steak (450.00).
    We shared the Clam Chowder (175.00) together.
    The chowder is a treat, served piping hot with a siding of a smoked salmon/cream cheese on toast.
    The Salmon steak was grilled perfectly and served in a bed of buttered vegetables.
    The steak was tender and perfectly cooked (I requested it medium rare) served with sauce Bearnaise and creamed spinach. All main courses came with mashed potatoes, this is the only so-so dish, not enough milk and butter, too dry for my taste.

The ambiance is quite cozy. You can sit outside ala al fresco and smoke to your heart's content...
    Service is good and always ready to help you out w/ anything you want.

Food - 9.5/10 (if it were not for the mediocre mashed potatoes I'd give it a 5/5)
    Ambiance - 9.8/10 (place is a deli and a resto, quite small compared to other 2 branches, it might be the perfect place for couples to dine privately though)
    Service - 10/10 (attendants are quite alert and very attentive to your needs. I didn't have to call for my tap water to be refilled, it's just keep filling all the time...LOL)
    Price - 9.5/10 (virtually a fine dining experience)
    Overall - 9.8/10 - definitely recommended (of course all you Gustavian eaters already knew this one )

Quote Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
    The Gustavian at Marina Mall

We passed by today and saw their "Soft Opening" sign so we decided to order.
    The menu is still quite limited about 6 choices for starters, 3 for soups, 3 for salads and about 12 or so for the main course (this is just an estimates as well as the prices I'd put).

I ordered the Chateau Briand (475.00) and my wife ordered the Salmon Steak (450.00).
    We shared the Clam Chowder (175.00) together.
    The chowder is a treat, served piping hot with a siding of a smoked salmon/cream cheese on toast.
    The Salmon steak was grilled perfectly and served in a bed of buttered vegetables.
    The steak was tender and perfectly cooked (I requested it medium rare) served with sauce Bearnaise and creamed spinach. All main courses came with mashed potatoes, this is the only so-so dish, not enough milk and butter, too dry for my taste.

The ambiance is quite cozy. You can sit outside ala al fresco and smoke to your heart's content...
    Service is good and always ready to help you out w/ anything you want.

Food - 9.5/10 (if it were not for the mediocre mashed potatoes I'd give it a 5/5)
    Ambiance - 9.8/10 (place is a deli and a resto, quite small compared to other 2 branches, it might be the perfect place for couples to dine privately though)
    Service - 10/10 (attendants are quite alert and very attentive to your needs. I didn't have to call for my tap water to be refilled, it's just keep filling all the time...LOL)
    Price - 9.5/10 (virtually a fine dining experience)
    Overall - 9.8/10 - definitely recommended (of course all you Gustavian eaters already knew this one )
    what kind of dish do they specialize in Mel?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    what kind of dish do they specialize in Mel?
    Their menu says Baltic Cuisine but it's more of Continental European really. Definitely try The Gustavian when you get here, just don't forget to bring us, your posse...hehe .

Quote Originally Posted by d`monyita View Post
    I feel ningning that I missed this topic da. October pa ni? When did u go to Nonki's sis? Last year?

Anyways.... here is my uhhh report:

JOSH AND MATTHEW CAFE

Fulfulling the requirements of starting a new biz would inevtably bring one DOWNTOWN...sa DTI... ngayon mo... super gutom na.. so where does one eat near the pier 1? Kung takot ka na eat anywhere lang... it was either AA bbq or Josh and Matthew. Aircon man ang latter so there kami.

I had the blue marlin with thai sauce and iced tea and my cousin had the spaghetti. Ang blue marlin masarap sya... KAKAIBA ang luto. The spaghetti was lami sad. Halatang tadtad sa butter sa pag-sautee pa lang. hehehehe. The iced tea was kakaiba rin the taste...but lami.

A couple of weeks later I went there again with my sis this time and my son and I had the baby backs and my sis had the fried chicken. Both were also good. What we REALLY REALLY LIKED was this choco drink they have. Made from choco blocks daw... as in not the hershey syrup. It was really yummy!!!

Ambiance was relaxing and one could not tell that it was just a few hundred meters from the pier area. Mga kasama mo kumain dun are usually lawyers, bank officers, and mga tao na tulad kong maarte. hahahahahaha. Di bitaw oi... Im not..... scary na man to eat just anywhere gyud.

Oh and man... the CR IS VERY CLEAN!!!! Big points yan gyud kay sa downtown susme..where kaya ikaw kakita ng clean na CR......?

Pricing: Entrees vary from 80-130p. The fried chicken was 90p, the ribs were 110-nish if I remember correctly. The spaghetti was somewhere 60p and the blue marlin was 100p thereabouts. Iced tea was 40p. The choco drink na yum yum? Dont ask me the price of that one hehehehe kay the owner gave it to my son lang because it was his bday the following day and they were so lingaw with him they wanted to give him something.

Parking: No problem kay aside from the slots fronting the cafe, there is a big parking lot at the side ang entrance...sa mj cuenco(?)

I highly recommend it. I wanna have coffee there naman one of these days. Malayo lang gyud from Banawa kung yan lang ang tuyo mo hehehehehe...what with starbucks just 5 minutes away.

The score? (four "eat" out of a possible five)

GMC Plaza Building, in front of Plaza Independencia

My favorites: Smoked bangus, tuna belly with thai lemon sauce, and of course, brewed coffee.

i dont know kng pede ba ni nko i apil....

GERRY'S GRILL SM

ni kaon ko didto human friday man so order ko seafoods...
    truly lami ila filipino food but gaina was really my worst
    and i mean worst jud na experience didto.. ni order ko seafoods
    so the entrees nila ni gawas una bago ang soup wla lng
    ko reklamo... human after 15 mins ni gawas ang soup mahi-mahi
    supposedly then ila g serve kay ulo sa mulmol!
    pero d pana ang worst na na experience nako... so i started eating the
    fish sa soup but then naa ko na bite na gahi... pag tan.aw nko naa pa hook sa
    head sa fish n im not talking abot just a hook taya.un kaayo na hook
    damn! kung na kaon kuto apil patay guro ko!! i am really pissed of n i aint eating
    there again para sa ako 4/5 forks bya na sila ky naa tana standards..
    pero karun!! 1/5 kay ala sila anang safety and sanitation! i almost ate a physical hazard
    hopefully kana ra na gerrys!!!

guys try ninyo ang CAPRICCIO
    located sa AMP building before
    MARCO POLO tupad tops korean resto

i could say na ila food mostly sagul sagol
    filipino and European with a twist...
    then if date2 gani mka adto sa rooftop pde didto kaon
    ang budget na 1k-1.5k maayo na (kung dli mu parehas nko mukaon) hehehe
    but if steak gni orderun ninyo... dako2 dapat budget.. hehe

if ipa rate sa ako 7/10
    ng cge pa usab ky last nov/dec pa sila ngabli...
    trial and error pa jd karun nut if mu ana ka
    sanitation... maayo jd sanitation nila...
    Last edited by Galadriel; 03-21-2009 at 01:52 PM.