View RSS Feed

Nature at its fullest

Lap Tap: A review

Rate this Entry
YouTube - AirTap!

I know for a fact that many aspiring guitarists whose main point is to create acoustics reverbering across the bounds of the human brain have lately been thinking of ways to improve their style and further increase the level they have with regards to their thinking skills. This public dilemma have turned most guitarists, nowadays, to shun themselves from the true perception of the thing they call music. Well, perhaps that's a given. Once in a blue moon, I presume, you have locked yourself up in a small space, reading slowly and comprehending the 'tabs' that were given to you by some individual whose hobby was one of your primary interests as of the moment. That small page has been handed to you without you even knowing about the main source of that medium. I bet that we are all aware that the current market has not been producing excellent quality lately, ever since the burst of software developments had landed to this era. THIS is one sole factor why music has become a widely misunderstood conceptual entity. I've known different notes and tones for quite a time and I've learned to adapt my sensations to several instruments that I used to play since my musical exposure in high school. I play by ear.

Lately, I've been wondering about a particular modern guy who just happened to surpass the temptation of blinding oneself from seeing the note construction in a particular perspective, which usually is the case whenever you'd try to create a specific pattern of notes, while thinking of a better way to deliver it. Erik Mongrain began to experiment with a technique known as lap tapping during a particular time when he wandered across the fretboard, not knowing what exactly he wanted to do with an old instrument he had been using for years now. All he had was ten fingers and a working head. He had to start his song from scratch.
To me, music isn't money. It's a form of communication.

The language of the soul
-iczyes.

Its quite lucky for us to have these people as role models for further development. Well, try thinking about them, the pioneers. You might just realize that you are lucky enough to be here in this present time coz you have them as influences, while they didn't have one in their time.
Categories
, ,

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top