View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

ISTORYA BLOG #130: Palm Sunday Bushcraft

Rate this Entry
Featured in my Blogspot site on October 10, 2011

TODAY IS PALM SUNDAY, April 17, 2011. After fasting for a week, I think I need to do a light bush hike into the foothills of the Babag Mountain Range, Sapangdaku, Cebu City, where the Roble homestead is located. Not only that, I will polish off my bushcraft and survival skills and today is a perfect opportunity.

I will not need my cooking gears and my camp stove and I leave it intentionally behind. I will not be with my usual company. I need to be alone. I need to commune with nature and to be with the mountain folks whom I can connect with very easily. Bushcraft is most perfect when you are alone.

I arrive at the Our Lady of Guadalupe de Cebu Parish at 7:00 AM and I witness the blessing of the palms by the priest. There is an ongoing religious program. I passed by a procession of parishioners in old Jewish garbs coming from San Nicolas and they are now converging at the church grounds...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top