Just sharing mga repapips.
These churches were declared a National Historical Landmark by the National Historical Institute and it's just on our own southern backyard. Hope you visit these places.
St. Gregory The Great Church, Ginatilan
The church was erected on February 2, 1829 as an extension of Samboan Parish. It was given a parochial status only on October 5, 1847. It's Baroque Architecture and is located at the heart of the town. It is about 180 years old.
St. Michael Archangel Church, Samboan
The church of Neo-classic architecture sits on a plateau overlooking Tanon Strait. The chruch complex has a three-storey stone Spanish Watchtower facing the sea. It is about 300 years old.
St. Francis Xavier Church, Alegria
The Church is built on 1857.The municipality was the last Japanese garrison in southern Cebu. The church is currently 150 yrs old
St Michael the Archangel, Argao
The Church is a beautiful rococo-baroque church structure in 1734 and was completed in 1788. The church is currently 221 yrs old
St Francis Of Assisi Church, Dumanjug
The Church is one of the few old church structures in Cebu and probably in the whole Philippines, which was designed, executed, supervised and completed by Filipinos themselves. The church is currently 155 yrs old
San Guillermo el Ermitaņo, Dalaguete
The started in 1802 and finished in 1825. Standing tall on the right side facing the church is its bell tower, built 25 years after the church was finished. The church is currently 184 yrs old
San Nicolas de Tolentino, Malabuyoc
Created as a parish on 16 June 1834, Malabuyoc, a visita of Samboan, chose as patron San Nicolas Tolentino, after whom the Recollect province was named. The church is 175 yrs old.
Patrocinio de Maria Church, Boljoon
One of the oldest Augustinian churches in Cebu, the tile-roofed church, with the convent attached to it. The church which was originally built as a fortress in the olden times.The church is 319 yrs old.
Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Oslob
The church was built by the Augustinians in 1830. It's one of the massive coral stone church-fortresses to protect the southern coastline of Cebu from Moro