The Truth about Weightlifting for Women - iSTORYA.NET
    • The Truth about Weightlifting for Women

Women often see models in really good shape in the magazines, and wanted to be in the same shape. They tend to forget that these people are genetically lean (ectomorphs/hard gainers) that which they donít get fat easily because of their fast metabolism, these women have been training for years of weight training and are equipped with knowledge to melt those fat without a problem (fitness models) and also tend to take their advice in losing weight but they had the opposite genetics (partly endomorph/hard to lose fat) in which they have slow metabolism. This ectomorphs can easily lose inches and pounds in just normal cardio, and sometimes arenít aware of what they are losing, (so focused on losing pounds and inches) not knowing they are losing lean muscle.

www.makeupandbeauty.com

Here are some MYTHS that women should be aware:

1. Weight training makes you bulky and masculine

Whether inside or out of the gym, women donít want to lift weight or heavy weights because of the reason ďThey donít want to look like a manĒ. Even men come to believe that for a female to lift weights will transform her into the stereotype image of a female bodybuilder, the myth continues to go from one mind to another forgetting the reality that they simply cannot.

In reality, women cannot gain muscle mass or to the extent of gaining muscle fast is because of hormones. What hormone is that? Testosterone, one androgenic hormone responsible for anabolism in the body as well as masculine traits (facial hair, deepening of the voice and increase in muscle mass).

2. Weight training makes you stiff.
      This is also applicable for men, If you perform all exercises through full range of motion, flexibility will increase. Exercises like flyes, stiff-legged deadlifts, dumbbell presses, chin-ups and other exercises stretch the muscle in the bottom range of the movement. Therefore if you perform these exercises correctly, you stretching capabilities will increase.

3. If you stop weight training your muscles turn into fat, and weight training turns fat into muscle.

Muscle and fat are totally different types of tissue. What happens when people decided to go off their weight training programs? They start to lose muscle due to inactivity and they also usually drop the diet. Bad eating habits combined with the fact that their metabolism is lower due to inactivity and lower degrees of muscle mass give the impression that the personís muscle is being turned into fat; while in reality what is happening is that muscle is being lost and fat is being accumulated. Then again, we cannot turn one into another.

www.keleefitness.com

4. You can eat anything you want as long as you exercise

How I wish this is true! However, this could not be further from the truth. Each oneís metabolism determines how many calories we burn at rest and while we exercise. If we eat more calories than we burn on a consistent basis, our bodies will accumulate these extra calories as fat regardless of the amount of exercise you do.

As said before, this myth is created by people with fast metabolism (ectomorphs) that no matter how much they eat or what they eat, they rarely meet or exceed the amount of calories they burn in one day unless they put their mind to doing so. Therefore, their weight remains the same or goes down.

5. Focus on cardio and if they decide to lift weights, they should be very light.

First of all, if you only did cardio, then muscle and fat would be burned for fuel. One needs to do weight training in order to get the muscle building/growing and thus prevent any loss of muscle tissue.

Women who only concentrate on cardio will have a very hard time achieving the look that they want. As far as the lifting of very light weights, this makes no sense at all. Muscle responds to resistance and if the resistance is too light, then there will be no reason for the body to change.

Once again, women shouldnít confuse Fat with Muscle. A lot of them think that their arms are big thinking it was muscle, not knowing it is fat and water.

In summary, women should train hard like men, If you want to look great, donít be afraid to pick up the weights and lift hard.

-krusade-
      Stanly Inso
      iSTORYAn League of Writers
      Lifestyle and Fitness
      Comments 10 Comments
        superidol -
        very inspiring . . .
        janelorelyn -
        like.......
        naturalfreakcy -
        Idol boss.
        thaDUKE -
        very informative
        cloud99 -
        Now I know, I will try to work more harder on the gym, thanks for this wonderful article.
        peesoot -
        para nako dili maayo babae mag weightlifting.. kung ma stop nimo.. ang mahitabo.. mo yatyat imong skin then naay chance modako na hinuon imong tiyan.. nahitabo ni nako.. imbis flat kaayo ang stomach.. naa na hinuon gamay bilbil.. exercise lang siguro or swimming mas nindot..
        enimavix -
        Di ko ganahan ing ani nga lawas. Maka turn off. Mura nakag fallopian tube tan.awn nga gaborot borot murag choriso. Especially women. Healthy pa dei ni?
        lifeisbeyeeutiful -
        Thanks for shedding light on some myths of weight lifting
        krusade -
        Quote Originally Posted by peesoot View Post
        para nako dili maayo babae mag weightlifting.. kung ma stop nimo.. ang mahitabo.. mo yatyat imong skin then naay chance modako na hinuon imong tiyan.. nahitabo ni nako.. imbis flat kaayo ang stomach.. naa na hinuon gamay bilbil.. exercise lang siguro or swimming mas nindot..
        myth sad na cya.. manambok na tungod nagpa bilin ang kaon unya wla na nag workout.. no offense .. but compare your lifestyle before and today.. mao na cya.. swimming is also an aerobic exercise which will go as a cardio workout.. cardio and weight training are two different things.. if this is based on your experience.. try to experience more, and venture deeper.. you may have been there before, you are not there and you dont have it now because you stopped. Make it a lifestyle.. everything comes to diet.. weight training does miracles.. especially with diet and cardio..

so.. compare imo kina-on before ug karon. daghan kaayo ug factors na mka affect.. like for example if you dieted before in a way of skipping meals.. it will ofcourse damage your metabolism on the long run, mka affect na cya on the later years na dli nka mo lose unless you eat smaller and smaller pa gyud.. so.. give it a shot gain.. live fit, live healthy to stay healthy and fit.
        -Stanly Inso - Kandaya Fitness - Fitness Director
        lifeisbeyeeutiful -
        ^^ agree with you bro

I used to skip meals or starve myself but led a sedentary lifestyle, I did lose weight but I end up gaining more because of a bad regimen...

When I started to eat right without skipping coupled with exercise (cardio and weights for toning), I can feel the difference in terms of the effect on my body. Though pamaol galore from a work out but it sure gives me this different kind of high (prolly the endorphin overflowing hehehe) that I can't wait for another work out the next day

Facebook Comments

about us
    iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top