Superidol's Buwad Business with iSTORYA.NET: Because Selling in Carbon is too Mainstream - iSTORYA.NET
    • Superidol's Buwad Business with iSTORYA.NET: Because Selling in Carbon is too Mainstream

What I totally love about iSTORYA.NET’s Buy and Sell Forum is its variety. If you want to look for something and you just browse through the different product categories, you will be amazed at what you will find.
      If you put it into actuality, this is more like mixing SM, Ayala, Carbon, Gaisano, Tabo-an, etc. And all you have to do is sit down and do transactions online. Amazing!

Take for example, the “buwad”/dried fish seller called Superidol. If you don’t know him, then you must not have browsed deeper. Superidol or Welson Millan owns W&E Bantayan Island Dried Fish Seller. The W stands for Welson and the E stands for Elaine, the love of his life.

Superidol/Welson and Elaine

For over a year, Superidol sells dried fish of all sorts from Bantayan Island:
      *Dried Boneless Danggit
      *Dried Squid
      *Dried Fish Tocino
      *Dried Fish Tapa
      *Dried Boneless Bolinao(Dilis)
      *Dried Pinikas (Katambak)
      *Dried Tarorot
      *Dried Carabalyas

How it Started
      Elaine, his partner (both in business and in life) was already in the dried fish business prior to them getting together. She was born and raised in Lipayran Island, one of the small islets (small island) surrounding Bantayan Island. Back then, she used to sell her stocks only to her officemates and when she goes back from her vacation from Lipayran.
      However, when they got together and he was introduced to Elaine’s parents, relatives and hometown, he was mesmerized, amazed and interested with Bantayan and the opportunity it brings for the dried fish business. When they got back to Cebu, he was able to convince Elaine to level up her business.

Challenges
      And in any business, there are always challenges. For a buwad seller, here are his major dilemmas:
      Bad weather- Stocks and supplies for dried fish are very dependent on the weather. During rainy season, supply also decreases.
      Overstocking- there are high demand seasons and low demand seasons. The problem with this business is that you just cannot foresee when the demand would go high or low. So when the demand gets low, sometimes the stocks are high and to dispose of it, they sell it at a lesser price or worse, eat it themselves or give them to friends and relatives. But mostly, they end up throwing old stock of dried fish which is practically a waste.
      Bogus/Fake Buyers- these are the so-called “epal/troll” buyers who ask for the best prices, arrange for reservation and meet up and delivery only to not show up during meet-ups. Some even give out fake delivery addresses. This is a waste of time, money and effort for the sellers.

Being Distinct
      In any business, there are always challenges, distractors and competitors. Superidol is confident to say though that they feel they are distinct in their business. Well, first—who else is aggressive enough to sell dried fish in an online forum? (Ed’s note: that’s from me!) Welson declares that they serve only the pure, high quality dried fish from Bantayan and a hassle-free transaction to their valued customers.
      Profit is not their only objective. They also what to meet or exceed customer’s expectations and satisfaction. They do this by being honest in their endeavors—giving them the accurate weight, no mixture of old stock, damage, reject or over-salted dried fish in every order. They value their time during their meet-ups. FYI, they do free delivery anywhere in Cebu City without a minimum purchase required.

Business with iSTORYA: The Perks!
      Before posting in iSTORYA.NET, their main clients are their officemates and neighbors, or a rough estimate of 40-60 people in retail.
      But when they started posting in iSTORYA.NET, they have acquired resellers that supply construction workers, different offices, schools and different provinces in Cebu. They have also acquired some customers from Manila and some parts from Mindanao. Right now, they are receiving new and repeat orders outside the country!

And because selling in Carbon is too mainstream (haha ed’s words), we asked Superidol why he prefers iSTORYA.NET. He says it’s because aside from it is a free platform, most of the visitors and members are from Cebu City. It is a concentrated market. Aside from that, he can mingle well with his online customers and eventually, they become friends. After all, iSTORYA.NET does not only cater to Buy and Sell threads but also to other forums. Sometimes, he hangs out in the chatbox and chats with fellow iSTORYAns. He feels that with iSTORYA.NET, he can easily explain what his products and services he can offer.

Tips
      Elaine gave a friendly tip that if you want to go into business, you have to consider what kind of business you want to venture. Know your business and know your market. Second, you must be a risk taker, patient, and smart. Never give up easily and persevere always.
      Superidol, on the other hand, is shy to give his tips considering he still hasn’t considered himself that successful (humble!). Bottomline of his advice is to not stop learning and finding ways in reaching your goals.

Contact Details:
      W&E Bantayan Island Dried Fish Seller
      Address: *Ubos Pundok, Basak Pardo, Cebu City
      *13 Lomboy St. Banawa, Cebu City

Contact#: 0922-4793853/0933-5194798

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/W-E-Ba...ref=ts&fref=ts

Ready to amp up your business using iSTORYA.NET? Click on this link--> The Watermelon Theory!

- thisbe.ara-
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Bantayan Island Dried Fish Seller started by superidol View original post
      Comments 578 Comments
        superidol -
        Free delivery. . txt me 0922-4793853
        mitchmags -
        mahal lage boss pwede ipost nimo ang wholesale and retail prices per kilo
        kyOkOxiE -
        asa pamo? free delivery og lami pajud... hehe..tnx au superidol sa buwad gnhan cla dri sa balay...hehe..
        superidol -
        Quote Originally Posted by kyOkOxiE View Post
        asa pamo? free delivery og lami pajud... hehe..tnx au superidol sa buwad gnhan cla dri sa balay...hehe..

thank you kath. . txt u f ma abot na among buwad pinikas nga katambak. .
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        vincent -
        Bro order npud ko 1.5 kg danggit ug 1.5 kg nucos (pinikas)..
        superidol -
        Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
        Bro order npud ko 1.5 kg danggit ug 1.5 kg nucos (pinikas)..
        salamat sa order. .
        anoisim -
        Super Idol mao ni ako email add anoisim2007@yahoo.com kindly send me your dealers price.
        superidol -
        ^ email sent. . thank you

free dlivery . .
        superidol -
        free delivery. . txt me 0922-4793853
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -
        superidol -

Facebook Comments

about us
    iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top