iSTORYA.NET - Loco-Loco for Halo-Halo
    • Loco-Loco for Halo-Halo

The sun is definitely up and the heat is on. Summer is definitely here!

One of the best ways to beat the summer heat aside from hitting the beach is to indulge in Cebu’s famous halo-halo. A lot of restaurants are offering this popular mouth-watering dessert and people are craving for it. Here are some of the best halo-halo in town. Feel free to add in some recommendations!

Halo2x in Ice Castle, during one hot summer food crave

Melton’s
      Probably the best-tasting halo-halo in the South of Cebu, Melton’s Halo-Halo has been serving their famous delectable halo-halo for many years now. Located in Poblacion, Pardo, their famous halo-halo is simple yet tasty.

The best part is the price which is very reasonable. For only Php 60, one can try their Super Special Halo-Halo topped with two scoops of ice cream.
      Aside from their famous halo-halo, Melton’s is also serving other Filipino favorites such as tempura, fish ball, siomai, noodles and pancit canton. They have also opened other branches in Minglanilla and Labangon. Not only that, they too have ventured into food delivery just within Pardo area.

Razon’s
      Razon’s Halo-Halo and Palabok hails from Pampanga and has captured the sweet taste buds of the Cebuanos. Razon’s Halo-Halo is unique compared to the typical halo-halo, with its leche flan topping and macapuno and banana as the only ingredients, giving their halo-halo a sweeter taste. One can try their special halo-halo with an extra topping of ube or langka.

Razon’s is also famous for their Pampanga-style palabok which is topped with grounded chicharon and egg. These two are a perfect combination for midday or even midnight snack. One can check Razon’s Halo-Halo and Palabok in Metro Ayala food court, Juan Luna ext (across SM City Cebu), JY Square Mall, Mango Avenue and Mandaue.

Ice Castle
      One of the oldest and most popular dessert stores in Cebu, Ice Castle Halo-Halo and Ice Cream House has lived up to its name. They served almost all types of halo-halo specialties and other creamy desserts like shakes, sundaes, parfaits, ice cream floats and their famous banana splits. They also serve other food delicacies and snacks. Ice Castle braches are located in Ayala Mall, SM City Cebu and Raintree Mall.

Cool Savers
      Cool Savers Halo-Halo is becoming a household name in the Talisay City, south of Cebu. Their famous halo-halo is known for its fine crushed ice you won’t feel any blocks or bits of it. They also have other dessert varieties including mais con yelo, buko salad and buko cream at very affordable prices. They also serve Filipino favorites such as fish ball, tempura, noodles, siomai and pancit canton. Cool Savers also has branches in C. Padilla, LapuLapu and Minglanilla.

Chowking
      Chowking is known for its authentic Chinese cuisine at very affordable prices. One of their desserts however is entirely Filipino. Chowking’s Halo-Halo is sweet, creamy and has all the delicious ingredients such as banana, monggo, nata de coco, coconut strips, jackfruit, sugar palm fruit, topped with leche flan, pinipig and ice cream. One can order their regular halo-halo with one scoop of ice cream or large halo-halo with two scoops of ice cream.

MyJoy
      As the Cebu’s pioneer in the fast food industry, My Joy boasts of delectable food menu and thirst-quenching frozen iced teas. My Joy is also famous for their delicious halo-halo filled with jelly, fruits and sweet beans at a very reasonable price. My Joy also serves fruit shakes, fruit juices and buko pandan.

sarap to the last drop! hahaa... pardon this pic. our EIC is oblivious to anything else aside from her halo2x, this time in Razon's!

For those who want to just stay home and stay away from heat, you can make your own homemade halo-halo by simply mixing all your favorite ingredients in a bowl or cup, put in crushed ice and top it with ice cream and cornflakes. Lastly, pour evaporated milk and voila! You have made your own halo-halo. Enjoy!

iSTORYAns, mag iSTORYA ta! (Let's talk!) What else are your recommended places to get the best halo2x?

-tiwtiw
      Ma. Celeste Abellana
      iSTORYAn League of Writers
      Food and Dining
      Comments 28 Comments
        Kristiano -
        how about Victoria's Halo2x.? (san isidro, talisay..)
        tekolz -
        Must try "Icebergs" Halo-halo. . .Haven't seen it yet - here in Cebu, I tasted it thrice in SM-MOA and been longing its flavor. I lived in Minglanilla, Cebu and tasted Melton's & Cool Savers. Also, MyJoy (my mom fav), Ice castle, chowking, and the restaurant we (with my wife, we just love halo-halo) visit that offer halo-halo. None surpass my experience with “Icebergs”.
        SeptemberII -
        Cool savers ftw!
        hmchua -
        Where in Pardo does Melton's Halo-halo exactly located? coz I want to try their halo-halo. i live near Pardo.
        razorblde -
        I want to run a contest for iSTORYA, because I can and I want to. Do you know that there is an upcoming Urbandub concert on Saturday, 4:00 PM at the Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu? Let's say...The next five (5) people after this comment to comment with their full names gets an instant entry. ^_^ comment away!!!
        jack_guitarfreak -
        sarap!!! paburito ko lahat ng malamig at matamis
        jack patentes
        hmchua -
        Heinrich Michael Chua and Analee Gabayan
        thisbe.ara -
        Quote Originally Posted by hmchua View Post
        Heinrich Michael Chua and Analee Gabayan
        This is forfeited. Comment with a comment plus your full name. Thanks. Hurry! You still have time to change your entry.
        SeptemberII -
        Quote Originally Posted by hmchua View Post
        Where in Pardo does Melton's Halo-halo exactly located? coz I want to try their halo-halo. i live near Pardo.
        dapit sa kingsmen bro. nya naa may agianan sa right side. straight lang makitan ra nimo. enjoy your halo2!
        razorblde -
        Quote Originally Posted by thisbe.ara View Post
        This is forfeited. Comment with a comment plus your full name. Thanks. Hurry! You still have time to change your entry.
        Yes, make sure you comment with a sensible comment and then include your names...ugma na ang concert. What are you waiting for?
        pinoy -
        ill prefr the Ice Castle halo halo.... daghan kaayu ug sagol yum yum... ahaks gi gutom na noon ko!
        Elmer Salupan
        wh3ng2004 -
        lami kaayo e kaon halo2x kay pwerte ka init!.. BTW asa pa lami nga halo2x within mandaue and cebu city?..

ruel quinanahan
        rhame -
        Not really a fan of Razon's and yeah they should have included Victoria's halo-halo in Talisay here.
        marclouieyap -
        Quote Originally Posted by tekolz View Post
        Must try "Icebergs" Halo-halo. . .Haven't seen it yet - here in Cebu, I tasted it thrice in SM-MOA and been longing its flavor. I lived in Minglanilla, Cebu and tasted Melton's & Cool Savers. Also, MyJoy (my mom fav), Ice castle, chowking, and the restaurant we (with my wife, we just love halo-halo) visit that offer halo-halo. None surpass my experience with “Icebergs”.
        Bai, same owner rana sa Ice Castle.. Hehe kaila ko nila.. Ila rasad ang ice bergs..
        the_beast -
        Mas lami pa kaha ang Pampanga's Best sa may Mandaue ana?
        the_beast -
        Quote Originally Posted by rhame View Post
        Not really a fan of Razon's and yeah they should have included Victoria's halo-halo in Talisay here.
        asa na dapita?
        the_beast -
        Quote Originally Posted by marclouieyap View Post
        Bai, same owner rana sa Ice Castle.. Hehe kaila ko nila.. Ila rasad ang ice bergs..
        really?? karon pa ko kabalo ana da
        tekolz -
        Quote Originally Posted by marclouieyap View Post
        mao diay. . .ingon man toh guard sa Icebergs nga taga.cebu ra daw tag.iya. . .pero ngano man mas lami ang icebergs compare sa ice castle. . .enyway. . .ingna nya ang tag.iya request meh branch sa icebergs diri cebu ^_^
        marclouieyap -
        Quote Originally Posted by the_beast View Post
        really?? karon pa ko kabalo ana da
        Yeap, Uykingtian fam name sa tag-iya..
        marclouieyap -
        Quote Originally Posted by tekolz View Post
        mao diay. . .ingon man toh guard sa Icebergs nga taga.cebu ra daw tag.iya. . .pero ngano man mas lami ang icebergs compare sa ice castle. . .enyway. . .ingna nya ang tag.iya request meh branch sa icebergs diri cebu ^_^
        Para nako kay same raman.. mura2x sa ilaha Crossroads na branch.. =)) for me dili pareha pareha mga branches sa Ice Castle ug lasa.. naa siguro sa tig himo .. Then kabantay sad ko nga mura na usab ang quality sa ila mga sagol compared sauna mga 8 years ago.. Pero sa Ice bergs kay same gihapon.. cost cut guro.. 50% more baya price sa IceBerg

Will let them know nlng nya sa feedbacks..
    about us
    iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top