View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #130: Palm Sunday Bushcraft

Featured in my Blogspot site on October 10, 2011

TODAY IS PALM SUNDAY, April 17, 2011. After fasting for a week, I think I need to do a light bush hike into the foothills of the Babag Mountain Range, Sapangdaku, Cebu City, where the Roble homestead is located. Not only that, I will polish off my bushcraft and survival skills and today is a perfect opportunity.

I will not need my cooking gears and my camp stove and I leave it intentionally behind. I will not be with ...
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #103: How to Make a Firecracker Alternative

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on November 15, 2010.

CHRISTMAS HERE IN THE Philippines is prepared earlier than usual as compared with other countries. When the “-ber” ending months starts to be displayed in wall calendars, Filipinos start to move about as if Christmas is just around the corner. Trust the shopkeepers and mall owners, they stick to traditions.

Christmas Philippine-style is celebrated by releasing or exploding firecrackers in the air or on a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #97: How to Carve a Wooden Spoon

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on October 1, 2010

CARVING A WOODEN SPOON is valued highly in bushcraft and survival. In temperate zones where there is a winter season, extreme cold can be brutal and metal would adhere to bare skin and it is rather painful to remove that from your hand unless you have an elastic skin. A lot of Filipino soldiers learned this lesson the hard way when they were assigned in the frigid winters of the Korean peninsula during the 1950-53 Korean ...
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #96: Spoon Carving 101

Featured at www.pinoyapache,blogspot.com on September 16, 2008

BUSHCRAFT SKILLS SUNDAY, May 16, 2010. Taking out Boy Toledo and Ernie Salomon today to the Roble homestead, just below Mount Babag, for a spoon carving session. Need to teach new tricks to these two old trail dogs about tool making.

I have to change their mindsets and not let them drift back to an interest that only accumulate altitude, distance and expensive gears. I can't even remember there is one here ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #93: Seeds for Earth Day

Featured at www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on August 24, 2010

AS I WAS UPLOADING the pictures of my recent day hike down the Upper Kahugan Trail of December 27, 2009, people can't help but notice the bare trail which months ago have been thickly-populated by madre-de-cacao trees locally known as kakawate. These same people are people I know and they belong to local mountaineering groups. They love to pass by this trail going down to Napo then Guadalupe after a day of climbing Mount ...
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #78: Overheating Multicab, Sweet Tuba & Spoon Carving

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on April 22, 2011

AFTER OUR PURPOSE in Asturias, Cebu is finished for this day on February 24, 2010, we sped back to where we came from three hours ago to the Trans-Central Highway and then to Cebu City. This mountain highway links Metro Cebu to the western coast particularly to Balamban town where there is a major ship-building facility located.

Omar Pace drove the Suzuki Multicab to the Trans-Central Highway and as it climbed ...
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top