View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #129: How to Catch Cave Bats for Food the Primitive Way

Featured in my Blogspot on October 1, 2011

CAVE BATS ARE A close relative of fruit bats. While fruit bats grow in size, their cave-dwelling cousins are smaller compared to them. Despite its habitat, cave bats do eat fruits aside from small insects. In short, both species share the same diet.

These bats are of such common sight and are numerous. This is not a threatened species though unlike those of fruit bats and you could hunt these provided that it is not for ...
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #114: How to be a Relevant Outdoors Blogger

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on March 16, 2011.

OUTDOORS BLOGGING IS a very good vehicle that captures the adventurous spirit of our youths today and it is one of the more popular niche that gets “googled” a thousand hits everyday or every hour, depending on how popular your site is. Outdoors blogging is not for the faint-hearted though. You have to live with what you write.

There are personal outdoors blog and there are commercial outdoors blog. The former is more ...

Updated 06-02-2014 at 07:50 PM by pinoyapache

Tags: blogging, how to
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #107: How to Cook Milled Corn in Bamboo

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on January 1, 2011.

BAMBOO IS A MEMBER of the grass family and it has more than a thousand species of its genera. Unlike common grass, bamboo exhibits a woody appearance. One common species grows to about 30 to 40 feet high and has a pole divided into several segments which taper off at the topmost.

This kind of bamboo is very common in Asia, Africa, South America and in the islands of the Pacific. The bamboo has many uses from firewood ...
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #103: How to Make a Firecracker Alternative

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on November 15, 2010.

CHRISTMAS HERE IN THE Philippines is prepared earlier than usual as compared with other countries. When the “-ber” ending months starts to be displayed in wall calendars, Filipinos start to move about as if Christmas is just around the corner. Trust the shopkeepers and mall owners, they stick to traditions.

Christmas Philippine-style is celebrated by releasing or exploding firecrackers in the air or on a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #80: The Politics of Walking

Feature in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on May 8, 2010

WALKING, ACCORDING TO my good friend, Dr. Abe Manlawe, is the best exercise. It is most perfect when you walk 6-8 hours everyday. I could do that on weekends only. On the mountain trails of Napo to Mount Babag with a weight on my back. Yes. The sweat, oh, it streamed like a river, especially on a hot day. And I feel good after that. Go, ask Boy Toledo how he felt. You should see him scream with delight.

Seriously, ...
    Tags: how to, training
    Categories
    Essay
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top