View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #126: Catmon Rain

Featured in Blogspot on August 17, 2011

MY WIFE WOKE UP early and begins to prepare for our trip up north in Catmon. A good neighbor will be laid to his final resting place on this day, February 13, 2011, and we have to be there to pay our last respects. My other (living) neighbors have already gone there the night before and the bulk would be coming also today.

It is already 7:45 AM by the time we were on the street to hie a public utility jitney that would take ...
    Categories
    Essay
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #90: Domestic Sunday

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogaspot.com on August 1, 2010

I TOOK A DAY off from my weekend trips to the bush today, July 18, 2010. I have to keep a promise I give to my wife, Vilma, a week ago to clean my backyard of an unused structure which have served as my dirty kitchen of long ago for it is in a sorry state and an awful sight to look at. It has to go.

I rose up early at 6:19 AM and turn on the FM radio to listen to the '80s rock classics in NU 107 as I sit and ...
    Tags: home life
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #71: The Sun Always Shine on TV

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on February 1, 2010

I GOT SICK today. It is Saturday, January 23, 2010. I have been vacillating in my bed if I will go to work today or not. Wife Vilma is already up and went to the market minutes ago to buy something for breakfast. Youngest son, Cherokee, is feeding his pigeons while grandsons Jarod and little Gabriel are busy perfecting their Navy SEAL skills.

A knock on the door send the duo scurrying towards there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #12: The Anatomy of Demolishing an Old House

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on February 1, 2008.

LAST DECEMBER 2004, WE decided to transfer residence to a new, yet, unfinished house on the same place and on the same address. What used to be an airy space infront of the old house is now occupied by this two-storey steel-and-concrete structure which we now proudly call home.

Said house was started construction last May 2003 and occupies a 40-odd square meters of space, which was then serving as our frontyard ...
    Categories
    Reflection
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #5: Accommodating a "New" Box

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on December 5, 2007.

AFTER AN ABSENCE OF more than two years, a home utility appliance reappeared in my home. Recently, last November 9, 2007, I bought a refrigerator -- a metallic-silver Condura 2-door -- and accommodated its valuable 10 cubic feet of cooled space into a vacant part of my house which was reserved, well, for a new refrigerator.

It replaced an ageing Hitachi 6 cubic feet box which has ceased to properly function ...
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top