View RSS Feed

Essay

All about my writing exposures on the Internet.

1. ISTORYA BLOG #134: PinoyApache Goes to Ubay

Featured in Blogger on January 8, 2012

I HAVE NEVER BEEN to Ubay, Bohol but, today, I'm gonna change all that. Yes, the today I mean is the night of October 14, 2011. Tonight, I'm going to board a boat from the Port of Cebu for Talibon, Bohol – my first time. We leave at 10:00 PM but I already slept an hour ahead on a cot too small for my frame.

Yeah, it really is small and I remedy that by changing position: with my head at the bulwark side and my feet hanging ...
    Tags: bohol, travel, ubay
    Categories
    Essay
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #126: Catmon Rain

Featured in Blogspot on August 17, 2011

MY WIFE WOKE UP early and begins to prepare for our trip up north in Catmon. A good neighbor will be laid to his final resting place on this day, February 13, 2011, and we have to be there to pay our last respects. My other (living) neighbors have already gone there the night before and the bulk would be coming also today.

It is already 7:45 AM by the time we were on the street to hie a public utility jitney that would take ...
    Categories
    Essay
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #124: A Journal of an Unfinished Job

Featured in Blogspot on July 15, 2011

I AM OFF AGAIN for Manila. Prepared hard myself to have a “conscious” sleep so I wouldn't oversleep, of course, and miss my 5:00 AM flight. It had been raining for the past six days and I don't see any reason this weather would slack for a day or two and that makes me somewhat worried in the back of my mind. One thing that assures me though is when it is raining in Manila it is hot in Cebu and when it is hot in Manila it rains in Cebu!
    Tags: manila, travel
    Categories
    Essay
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #120: Warrior Pilgrimage, the Blog

Featured at Blogspot on August 1, 2011

CHANGE IS CONSTANT. It could happen to anyone and on any thing up to its minutest details and it could alter every thing under the sun even to those things considered good. My life is changing and so is this blog and it is not immune to change.

This blog – MERELY MY OPINION – have seen changes on its appearance twice including its niche. Formerly, upon its inception in August 2007, it is supposed to be a “rant station”. The ...

Updated 11-25-2014 at 03:43 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Essay
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #116: PinoyApache Goes to Ormoc & Tacloban

First published on April 11, 2011.

MY CELLPHONE DELIVERED its message at four dawn. It woke me up! It is cold and it is November 17, 2010. Gotta go and catch a fastcraft for the port of Ormoc and an overland trip to Tacloban City in Leyte. A package laying idle in Ormoc City needs to be delivered to Tacloban ASAP...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)
    Categories
    Essay
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #80: The Politics of Walking

Feature in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on May 8, 2010

WALKING, ACCORDING TO my good friend, Dr. Abe Manlawe, is the best exercise. It is most perfect when you walk 6-8 hours everyday. I could do that on weekends only. On the mountain trails of Napo to Mount Babag with a weight on my back. Yes. The sweat, oh, it streamed like a river, especially on a hot day. And I feel good after that. Go, ask Boy Toledo how he felt. You should see him scream with delight.

Seriously, ...
    Tags: how to, training
    Categories
    Essay
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #74: Bohol in My Mind

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on March 8, 2010

IF BOHOL WERE a stone's throw away, I sure would have loved going and staying there for keeps. I have been there many times when I was a tot in the company of my grandparents and I was their favorite. I remembered hearing during their conversations of the names of places where we visited like Tagbilaran, Tubigon, Clarin, Sagbayan, the Chocolate Hills, etc.

Back then, in my own little world, I have never seen ...
    Categories
    Essay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top