View RSS Feed

Outdoors

My ultimate joy - freedom of movement.

1. ISTORYA BLOG #136: Knife Care & Safety

Featured in Blogger on February 1, 2012

IT HAD BEEN QUITE a while since I last visited the Roble family at their humble abode found among the foothills of the Babag Mountain Range. The last time I was there was on July 27, 2011 with Glenn Pestaño of Camp Red and Randell Savior of Tribu Dumagsa. That bush hike gave me an idea instead how to teach and introduce bushcraft and survival to individuals and groups in easy single topics.

Today, November 20, 2011, I will ...
    Tags: camp red, knives
    Categories
    Outdoors
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #133: Wilderness Health, Hygiene & Safety

Featured in Blogspot on November 23, 2011

GO WILD ADVENTURES, through William Rhys-Davies, recently made their presence felt here in Cebu by introducing the Wilderness Safety and Personal Hygiene in the Field to local participants on August 23, 24 and 25, 2011 at Mount Manunggal, Balamban, Cebu. This writer assisted Mr. Rhys-Davies with the preparation, organization and other administrative tasks to make this event successful.

This outdoors course is offered here for ...
    Categories
    Outdoors
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #132: The First Philippine Independence Bushcraft Camp

Featured in Blogspot on November 9, 2011

THIS IS THE FIRST time that had been done in the Philippine Islands. Camp Red, your only Philippine bushcraft and survival guild south of Subic Bay; and Warrior Pilgrimage, a personal blog dedicated for bushcraft and survival; recently introduced the Philippine Independence Bushcraft Camp or PIBC MMXI to fourteen newcomers.

The activity was held at an undisclosed site designated as “Camp Damazo”; found deep in the bosom of the ...
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #128: Training the Pulag-Bound

Featured in Blogspot on September 23, 2011

IT WILL BE A SUPER hot day today. This is a Friday, April 9, 2011, the anniversary of the Fall of Bataan. I will not be commemorating our heroes today but I will facilitate a training program for a supercharged group of mountain climbers preparing for a Lenten climb to Mount Pulag in Benguet.

The route will be one-half of the Freedom Trail, the full stretch of Kilat Trail, a part of Lensa Trail and the remaining arc of Bebut's ...
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #125: Leading the Danes

Featured in Blogspot on July 23, 2011

CAMP RED, FOR A change, went on a guided eco-tour of fourteen social educators from Denmark on February 5, 2011 at the foothills of the Babag Mountain Range, Cebu City. There were thirteen female and one male participants; I am the pointman; Boy Toledo as lead pack and Ernie Salomon bringing up the tail. Wil Rhys-Davies of bushcraftasia.com lights up the party in the middle with anecdotes and short tales.

Along the way, I introduced ...
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #123: Cold Weather Training

Featured in Blogspot on June 23, 2011

I AM ON THE TRAIL once again on this second day of 2011. I will not be alone but will have with me Boy Toledo and Ernie Salomon of Camp Red; Randell Savior, Ian and Tonton Bathan of Tribu Dumagsa; Rowel Seno of Timex Outdoor Club; Dondon of Zubu Ecological Tour Society, Inc.; and Ms. Aisha Ronquillo, the only rose among the thorniest of thorns. Like me, all of them decide to burn whatever party fats they have accumulated during the holiday season. ...
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #122: Charity Climb 2010

Featured in Blogspot on June 7, 2011

I WOKE UP WITH a fierce hangover of last night's party as my Motorola V3 screamed its existence at 5:00 AM of December 19, 2010. Nevertheless, I scrambled up from a drunkard's bed and settled myself in the bathroom for a quick cold washover. Expertly, I dash back and forth the width and length of my house and up and down my stairs and round up the things I need today.

This is the most important day in the lives of the children ...
    Categories
    Outdoors
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top