View RSS Feed

Reviews

The day I became a crash-test dummy.

1. ISTORYA BLOG #100: One More Time in Dumaguete

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on October 25, 2010.

IT'S JUST A cloudy early morning and I'm going today, July 14, 2010, for Dumaguete City which is crossable by a body of water. I have been worrying about the news of last night's about a typhoon Signal Number 3 (“Basyang”) hitting landfall in Luzon. So I dress up and hope for the best as I carried my backpack outside the street and hie a taxi bound for the South Bus Terminal.

I sit myself inside an unairconditioned ...

Updated 08-25-2012 at 09:00 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Reviews
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #83: Baikal 35-Liter Backpack

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on June 1, 2010

I FOUND MYSELF RESTLESS on April 12, 2009 and I decided to visit my good friend, Ernie Salomon, in Guadalupe, Cebu City. We both were having a rare day-off from our weekly training climbs in Mount Babag, a height which is better accessed from Guadalupe and then from Napo in Sapangdaku.

It was a fine day devoid of rain and he offered me, over glasses of cold beer, his black Baikal backpack for four hundred bucks. ...
    Tags: backpack
    Categories
    Reviews
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #69: Mantrack Jungle Knife

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on January 15, 2010

I AM A COLLECTOR of knives and other bladed weapons. No, I don't display my collections. I used these to test its limit and even carry these most of the time for my protection. One of those that I collect is a MANTRACK survival knife. An old friend gave this to me in 2004 during the time of the last years of my self-styled “warrior pilgrimage”.

The whole material is made of cold steel and anodized ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #62: The "New" Cebu South Bus Terminal

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on October 26, 2009

IT WAS IN THE night of September 22, 2009 when Boy Toledo, Ernie Salomon and I, for a change, visited the Cebu South Bus Terminal. Operated by the Cebu Provincial Government, it is located along the Natalio Bacalso Avenue in Cebu City and is in close proximity with the offices of the Land Transportation Office, CITOM and the Bureau of Fire Protection. It is the gateway to the south and west of Cebu Province.
    Tags: cebu, commentary
    Categories
    Reviews
  5. ISTORYA BLOG #52: Habagat Venado II

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on July 16, 2009

AFTER MY INITIATION with extreme adventure at the now-legendary trek of the Cebu Mountaineering Society on the trails of Mount Pangasugan in Baybay, Leyte in August 1992 I began to feel the inadequacy of my cheap converted day pack. It was just too small for my frame, too frail for my speed and too tight on storage space. Whereas, at that time, my fellow mountaineers carried on their backs bigger backpacks suited for this outdoor ...
    Tags: backpack
    Categories
    Reviews
  6. ISTORYA BLOG #16: RoughDraft 3.0

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on April 16, 2008

¡Ola, señoritas y señoritos!

Mind if I plug in something? It is about a word processing application which is developed by a writer for writers. Yes, hija, a word processing application for writers. I happen to stumble upon it from StumbleUpon.

Richard Salsbury (I don’t know if you have heard of him, I haven’t), an English author of award-winning short stories, articles and essays; ...

Updated 02-21-2010 at 12:06 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Reviews
  7. ISTORYA BLOG #5: Accommodating a "New" Box

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on December 5, 2007.

AFTER AN ABSENCE OF more than two years, a home utility appliance reappeared in my home. Recently, last November 9, 2007, I bought a refrigerator -- a metallic-silver Condura 2-door -- and accommodated its valuable 10 cubic feet of cooled space into a vacant part of my house which was reserved, well, for a new refrigerator.

It replaced an ageing Hitachi 6 cubic feet box which has ceased to properly function ...
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top