Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by garner
    Thank you very much pinoyapache for writing this article. This gives me more encouragement to have a passion for climbing and appreciate nature. Last night I decided to climp RCPI tower from guadalupe church heading to napo started 8:00pm. Upon reaching Napo basketball court I thought this is a dead end because I dont't see any more road ahead so by 8:30pm I asked some ladies at the nearby stores for direction and they could not believe that I'm heading for RCPI tower. As they describe how far and dark my way I would travel I proceed with not so much gear and using a flaslight I reach the kahugan Sapangdako and rested the small chapel @ 9:30 coz I can't decide which trail to follow and there's no one whom I can ask for direction coz it was already dark and am afraid to disturb the privacy of just a few neighborhood below the chapel. I sleep at the bamboo seat that night with no roof and locky for me it didn't rain during that night otherwise I would be suffering from hypothermia. By 5:00am I was able to ask for direction for a trail from an early riser nearby and I proceed uphill. That little chapel as I called it the base before proceeding RCPI. Some locals old me that I am using the wrong way anyway it leads also to the tower as long as I'll be carefull along the way. So by 7:00am I reach the tower with full sweat and exhaustion. This gives me a lesson that it's not advisable to do night trekking if I'm not familiar with the trail otherwise I will get lost along the way. During my childhood days in Mindanao i am a risk taker and always travel by foot by night.
    Never ever do that again.
    Thank you very much pinoyapache for writing this article. This gives me more encouragement to have a passion for climbing and appreciate nature. Last night I decided to climp RCPI tower from guadalupe church heading to napo started 8:00pm. Upon reaching Napo basketball court I thought this is a dead end because I dont't see any more road ahead so by 8:30pm I asked some ladies at the nearby stores for direction and they could not believe that I'm heading for RCPI tower. As they describe how far and dark my way I would travel I proceed with not so much gear and using a flaslight I reach the kahugan Sapangdako and rested the small chapel @ 9:30 coz I can't decide which trail to follow and there's no one whom I can ask for direction coz it was already dark and am afraid to disturb the privacy of just a few neighborhood below the chapel. I sleep at the bamboo seat that night with no roof and locky for me it didn't rain during that night otherwise I would be suffering from hypothermia. By 5:00am I was able to ask for direction for a trail from an early riser nearby and I proceed uphill. That little chapel as I called it the base before proceeding RCPI. Some locals old me that I am using the wrong way anyway it leads also to the tower as long as I'll be carefull along the way. So by 7:00am I reach the tower with full sweat and exhaustion. This gives me a lesson that it's not advisable to do night trekking if I'm not familiar with the trail otherwise I will get lost along the way. During my childhood days in Mindanao i am a risk taker and always travel by foot by night.
    This is, by far, the finest and most difficult trail to reach Mt. Babag. According to Mr. Ramon Vidal of TWO Sandals and Adventure Cafe, it is a "five-star base training site".
    This is my piece of a writing competition in Nuffnang where Sony is the sponsor.
    You may text or call Manwel in this SUN number: 09335164999.
    Updated 05-25-2010 at 10:23 PM by pinoyapache
    This is the first of my epic "Napo to Babag Tales" article. Remembering that first weekend when I climbed by way of Ernie's Trail, it has literally changed my perception of the outdoors. Instead of just enjoying my complete freedom, I began to look inwards and try to decipher what is wrong with my elitist pursuit and the people inhabiting the places I passed by and the living things that thrived here. After that, I became a TRUE human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea
    oOoops, my bad
    That's okay. No problem. Thank you for visiting. Come again.
    oOoops, my bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea
    midget troop transport...LOL funny

but let's call them "little people"...midget is socially inappropriate...
    I did not mean "people". I am referring to the vehicle (troop transport).
    midget troop transport...LOL funny

but let's call them "little people"...midget is socially inappropriate...
    For a text-link ad I received a check from First Replacement Windows of Greensboro, North Carolina, USA.
    Thank you @vern for visiting my blog and for giving the first comment on my series of blog posts here in istorya.net.

Your heady comment have pushed me in a tight corner where I came to a point I was groping for words to answer you back. It's not easy.

Okey. Open source or copyrighted software are both good, yes, that is quite true and it doesn't make any difference at all if you consider the initial investment and the manpower support needed to run the platforms long after the system have been in place. But, as an individual user using stand-alone PC or hooked up to an Internet, it is a blessing, and, I know, you will agree on me this time.
    I read your blog and although I love open source ... there are trade-offs to everything. While Intel may be able to save millions of dollars, how much money did they invest beforehand? How much money and time will a small business owner have on hand to train employees? ... or perhaps have one full time dedicated to running the open-source based solutions? The cost of open source was never about the initial investment ... it was the the time and support needed after set up.

I run multiple servers ... FreeBSD, NetBSD and Debian ... yet this took years of tinkering with such technologies. I like open source ... but only where it makes sense. Open source may be good, but so is commercial closed source. The aim is to create money. Richard Stallman's view of a pure open source environment end to end is delusional.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top