View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

My little space for random.....

1. iSTORYA.NET has been switched to HTTPS

In preparation for future upgrades, I have switched the site to HTTPS. This not only gives us some added layer of security, it is also the backbone of our future plans. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please feel free to report it.

... always nice to see some good ratings.
    Categories
    Site Related
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 4.28.58 AM.jpg 
Views:	4165 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	14817  
  2. See you at Geeks on a Beach this Septermber 26-27, 2013

Hello Everyone,

Let me start by declaring that I am a Geek and I will be on the beaches of Boracay this September. With that I'd like to invite you to join us on the beaches of Boracay for Geeks on a Beach this September 26-27, 2013. Did I say beaches of Boracay already?

What exactly is Geeks on a Beach? In a nutshell, it is an initiative by Techtalks.ph, which we fully support, that aims to push the Filipino "Geek-ish" talents onto the global spotlight. As ...

Updated 07-24-2013 at 12:02 AM by BeoR

Categories
    Events / Activities
  3. Lifedance 2013 is coming, here's something from Lifedance 2012.

We have been lucky to be chosen as the official online media partner for Lifedance. As we await the next evolution, here's a little something from the first one.

FYI: There will be a price-off party at The Walk, Cebu I.T. Park on December 15, 2012 for Lifedance 2013. Details below.

4. Ad Server Woes

OpenX has been running as iSTORYA.NET's Ad Server for the past 3 or 4 years. Lately, the server hosting our Ad Serving software has been experiencing some technical issues and would require an OS Reload. This made me realize the drawback of hosting our own Ad Server. While having full control is a wonderful thing, restoring a server and everything in it isn't as nice. So I said to myself, this cannot be the case. As the community grows, the amount of data increases. From stats to creatives... these ...
  5. iSTORYA.NET's user blog installed

After doing extensive research on which platform to take, we decided to go with vBblog. The main reason is "forum integration". It is the only option so far that would seamlessly integrate with vBulletin. This means that instead of creating two separate accounts, people who are qualified to use it only need to have 1 user account for both the forums and the user blogs.

This feature is initially available to persons with the following ranks: C.I.A., Platinum Member, & Premium Member. ...

Updated 08-25-2008 at 07:57 AM by BeoR

Categories
    Site Related
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top