View RSS Feed

Memoirs of an Amnesiac

1. How to Break a Woman's Heart in Five Easy Ways (And Other Fragile Musings from the Cheatbook)

So you met this really interesting woman. She's smart, funny, and yeah, interesting. You are not really attracted to her, but she sure does share the same tastes with you (food, movies, books, etc.). You then start to share text messages. You started to desire her. But, here's the catch! You are in a committed relationship and plans to get married real soon. Your ego fights between keeping her and telling her about the whole truth about your relationship with her and lose her or let her believe ...
  2. Wooing the Vote

Like a white elephant in my own living room, I avoid all talks about politics and the elections. When everybody else is ranting about it in the social media, I wait for the day that the election advertisements would stop airing. Why? You might ask.

I’m fed up. With all the talks about “daang matuwid.” All the six years of waiting for things to change. I wonder why only when elections are forthcoming would there be loads of road projects needed to be done. I would wonder why roads ...

Updated 04-28-2016 at 11:17 AM by shey0811

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Kid’s Play

School bus service always gives us teachers more chances to interact with students especially outside the classroom. One particular afternoon among all those outside-classroom interactions had left a great impression on me. That afternoon, we (the teachers) started sharing about our childhood games. We were all filled with nostalgic reminiscences about all those games. We even remembered each game and how they were played.

Just then a student remarked, “Your games are tiresome, teacher. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. On Kissing Frogs

“Yuck!” This was what one sixth grader told me when in class I mentioned about how one lady in a fairy tale kissed a frog and it magically morphed into a prince. Well, apart from the disgusting nuances that idea would have orchestrated in our minds, we all actually (while struggling through puberty and pubescent mood swings), believed it with all our hearts, sans the reality that kissing frogs is never romantic.

Hans Christian Anderson (that writer whose love relationships were always ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Zoning Out

Having taught for almost a decade, I have a fair glimpse of almost every kind of personality that comes in and out of my classroom. Modern psychology has acquiesced to what leading psychologists have categorized students with.

During my student days, there were only two kinds of students: those who are "bugoys (the naughty ones)" and the "buotans (goody-two-shoes)". It was imperative that if you don't want to be in the first category, you have to behave so much so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Falling In Love with Subtitles

"Ma-Anhing 'Kag Sayo" (You'll soon depart from the face of this earth). This was my friend's pun about the Korean way of greeting (an yung hoseyo).

It used to be that I hated Korean novelas. They are difficult to read and understand. What with all the subtitles and all the ways they've been custom-fit to be understood by Filipino viewers. The actors' mouths don't seem to match their dialogues and my, they speak Tagalog so much better than we do, don't you think? It was when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Seeing a Ghost

A rather radical friend of mine had only one thing in mind. If he could in his human powers (if ever there is one), summon a ghost to appear right in front of him, then he would give up everything he has. While most of us would even cringe, have goosebumps or nerves that wouldn't stop standing on ends at the thought of a ghost, there he was inviting principalities that he didn't care would even welcome his paranormal invitation.

I've had my own share of fright and incomprehensible fears ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top