View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

The personal journal of PinoyApache

1. ISTORYA BLOG #118: The Trailhawk, Mt. Babag and Mr. Guinness

Featured at the Warrior Pilgrimage Blog on May 14, 2011

IN MY PRIME, DURING the early '90s, I have climbed the Babag Mountain Range four times. I laugh at the thought as I reminisce. That's a far cry from what I am doing now as a mere old man: twenty-four times a year. That's twice a month!

Do I feel good? Obviously, YES! I not only perspire a lot but I have increased my resistance to cold and heat and fatigue threefold. Besides I could do it alone. Rain or shine... ...

Updated 07-02-2014 at 11:46 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Opinion
  2. ISTORYA BLOG #109: Tsinelas Charity

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on January 22, 2011.

I HAVE FOUND OUT that charity can be very contagious but without the mortal gravity of a viral endemic that I have known happening then and then again on the different parts of the globe. What it lacked in lethality though it gave up with more empathy and compassion...and much much love...

It all started as a one-man social action center in the hinterlands of Guadalupe two years ago and it won converts from Boy Toledo ...
  3. ISTORYA BLOG #104: Russians!

Featured in Warrior Pilgrimage on November 22, 2010

IT HAD BEEN raining very hard last night but it had not dampened the spirit of an impending Russian invasion today, June 26, 2010, along the trails of Napo to Mount Babag. As I sit on a concrete plant box in the parking lot of the Our Lady of Guadalupe de Cebu, a big Hyundai Starex arrive with a miniature flag of the Russian Federation attached at the back windshield.

I waited for an emissary and out goes a Welshman ...

Updated 10-07-2012 at 12:27 PM by pinoyapache

Categories
    Outdoors
  4. ISTORYA BLOG #98: Camp Red Training Day

Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on October 8, 2010

IT IS SO HOT today. A perfect Sunday for training. Camp Red takes the trail of Napo to the Babag Mountain Range. Coming along is Dr. Abe Manlawe who is preparing himself for the Mount Apo climb with the Cebu Mountaineering Society come June. It is May 23, 2010.

I am the trail master for today. Boy Toledo and Ernie Salomon will assist me and we will have two low-frequency handheld radios for this occasion. New ...
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top